Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: TalkGraphics - Getting back to basics

Although this a helpful place with some nice and talented folks, I have always found the forums to be somewhat "over-regulated", for my taste. No doubt it can be irksome for the developers to get, what they regard as, repeated silly and unrealistic criticism or requests, but many good ideas and even innovations come from just such "silliness". Boundaries should be pushed and some will feel uncomfortable with that, but forum moderation for anything less than direct abuse, spamming and repeated hi-jacking is, in my opinion, repressive of creative interchange, yes, even though that sometimes gets silly.

I have seen other software forums that make this look like a kindergarten. While I applaud good manners and the stamping on trolls, it seems growing thicker skins and not treating online comments as if they had a serious influence in the "real world", might improve things more than trying to force posters into only stating particular, "approved", views.

This post is not any kind of "call for rebellion", merely a caution not to take the fun out of visiting and contributing here.

Thank you Mr. Priester, Moderator Person

Valid points all.

I would not go to an Adobe forum to make ideological statements or those of willful misdirection of a topic.

The same should hold true here at TalkGraphics, a graphics forum.

It's all about art/graphics and its implementation isn't it?

Well... when I first came to tg, I was under the impression that it was a graphics forum for most anything graphic, apps, worx, comments etc...

The other software boards were always busy... then came the real xara push on the forums... many on the other boards stayed around for a bit, but alas, moved on to forums more specific to their preferred app or interests... but... still dropped in, as.... this forum was a place where cross app friendships had developed... and that my friends, is the point.

This used to be a graphic community where by everybody didn't feel over whelmed by any one app dev team, despite the fact that Xara now ran things... I mean there was never any doubt which app was supported... duh...

but... we in the 3D area always felt welcome, same same for PI, PS, and many others...

now not so much so... what a drag really...

the answers?... I dunno, maybe bring back the cool easy place called tg, or maybe make it tx and then that will be that...