Quote Originally Posted by angelize View Post
This still isn't sinking in I still don't see how being able to remove your attachments affects how much you can sell an image for commercially.
It's not about removing your attachment and making money. It's about control of that ownership. So as really hypothetical example, I draw a portrait of my girlfriend and I post it TG. It goes into the public domain, i.e. it's on the internet. Everybody makes comments about my art work - yeah nice - I like that. etc. etc. And say at a certain point my girlfriend turns around and says, "Hey that picture you put on the internet of my I found and I don't like it up there it makes me look fat." So I say, "Sorry sorry sorry, I'll take it down." Because I've put it up there I should be able to take it down. At the moment the situation is that I have to go through hoops to do that. Because it would make the post look helplessly wrong without the image. I should be able take off as easily as I put it up there. I know this harms the content of TG BUT the important thing is it's still my decision not someone else's. I own that image to do what I want with it. That's my right.

TG at the moment is saying to its members - that right is waved if you post something because it has to be this way, if you don't want to play by our rules then don't post (with I very really do any more). With all the things going on with places like Facebook and privacy issues - this leaves a bad taste in people's mouths.

And that's more the issue than having images stolen by unscrupulous people.