Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Registration following trial

Quote Originally Posted by NeilH View Post
    We'll make the templates available via a download in a few days, for those that have purchased and unlocked the trials. This wasn't ready for the initial launch, but will be ready soon.

Regards

Neil
    This suggests we shouldn't have long to wait

bobp
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by bobp View Post
    This suggests we shouldn't have long to wait

bobp
    Nice! Something to look forward to
    IP

Thanks for the tip Keith. Pointing to the Xara Xtreme Pro 5 files does appear to work for bitmaps. It is a pity that we have to resort to such tricks to get a workable solution after paying the licence fee. Relying on a CD that may arrive sometime in the future is not a really acceptable release of software.

I note that Designer Pro 6 installation carries forward the Microsoft Vista Bug in that it does not it does not export websites properly. That happened to me with Xtreme Pro 5 and it took a patched zip file for a Windows Registry update to fix that. I hestiate to apply the same patch to the registry for Designer Pro 6.

All in all, the installation packaging on Designer Pro 6 is a bit of a disappointment.

Charles
    IP

...except that the Buttons and Navigation Bars from Xtreme Pro 5 do not seem to work properly when you choose "Create Navigation Bar" in Designer Pro 6. Let's hope their is some kind of conversion procedure, for buttons and Navigation Bars, otherwise when the Designer Pro 6 CD's arrive there may have to be a lot of manual updating to use the new facilities.
    IP