Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Default Re: How to make old interface back

I worked with the 'Dark Interface' all day yesterday and with the 'Light Interface' all day today.

I have to say that the light interface was much, much easier on the eye for me.

So, the Light Interface has my vote.

I really do like the dark interface. I genuinely do. But, not if it puts a strain on my eyes.

So, we have the light lovers and the dark lovers. It's an interesting and diverse world!

Thanks for the tip 'tester13'

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone

I am appreciative of this particular thread. I stopped using WD6 because of the dark interface. I was unable to work very long using the dark interface and would continue to revert back to WD5 and try to improvise for the features I was missing in WD6. When I discovered that Xara graphic designer 6 had the dark interface I was hoping that they gave an option to remove it. I looked through the helps and did not find anything referring to the control-shift-alt-s This is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you

I always learn something new on this forum. Thanks TG and thank you tester 13 for stirring up the conversation.

Post Re: How to make old interface back

For me it's exactly the opposite. I find the black interface more relaxing for my eyes, although I'm not a vampire
    Marcia
    A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work unless it's open.
    Frank Zappa

Thanks for the heads up on Ctrl+Shift+Alt+S. I have looked in Help under the section "key shortcuts" and cannot find this shortcut documented. Like many others I think my memory of key shortcuts gets rusty and I have enough trouble remembering what these things are called far less trying to find ones that have only been discovered and don't appear documented.

Anyway my reason for this mail was simply to add my voice to those who prefer the "old" face. My reason is that I do most of my work in a very bright room flooded with sunlight (when it is not raining) and some of the "new" icons are extremely difficult for me to see and use under these conditions.

At night it is different.

I find the ability to switch quickly between the two types is invaluable. The slight difference in icon sizes etc does not concern me.

Erik

EJ,
    This key shortcut is not documented nor supported by Xara for a number of reasons. That's why you couldn't find it. If you really need to know all the details do a search here for it, and it will all be explained much better than I can.

Jim