Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default automaticaly convert text to bitmap while copying

Hello

I often copy and paste "text + vector" drawing from xara to open office. I would like to know if it is possible to convert the texte automaticaly to bitmap.

When I copy and paste vector drawing, it is automaticaly converted to bitmap.
    But When I copy and paste "text + vector" I only paste the text.

Thanks if anyone have a sugestion.

Bye

Tod

Default Re: automaticaly convert text to bitmap while copying

Try grouping the text and the bitmap together, before you copy them. That should make the whole item export as one bitmap.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Unfortunately, it didn't works.
    When I group, text+vector drawing, then copy and paste to open office, I only paste the texte.

But thanks for the answer.

It works fine in Office, but unfortunately I don't have Open Office loaded to try it.

Okay, try this ...... Group text and vector, create bitmap copy, copy the resultant bitmap and paste that into Open Office.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

You're right, it works fine with office.
    Problem must come from open office
    Create a bitmap copy works fine.
    I've found another solution : Maj+Ctrl + C to "convert to editables shape".
    Doing so I do not need to clic once more on "ok" after creating a bitmap copy.

Thanks for the help, I'll have a look on open office to see if I can change an option to make it works like office.

Is there a "Paste Special" option in OpenOffice? We put both a bitmap of the entire selection and an RTF of just the text (and a plain text version of the text) on the clipboard and the application you do the paste in decides which one to use. It sounds like OpenOffice is defaulting to one of the text versions. The Paste Special option (if it exists) should allow you to choose which type on the clipboard you want to use. Just select whichever one works best...

Gerry

A little french village east of Dallas, TX called Forney And now Austria and Germany too

Tod,

If you are going to go down the Convert to editable shapes option; If I were you, I would keep a copy of the text off to the side of the page, just in case you discover an error and have to edit the text later (as it is no longer text once you convert it to a shape).

Something to think about.

Eric
    I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once but it turns out that I was mistaken.
    Web Templates. My Beginner Video Tutorials
    My Club. My Album.
    My Other Album. My Tutorial.

As bcire68 says, it's always a good idea to keep a copy of the text for later editing.

Rather than put it off to the side, you can also make a duplicate of the text layer and hide it. That way, you not only have the text, you have it in the proper position, should that make a difference.

A little french village east of Dallas, TX called Forney And now Austria and Germany too

Nice suggestion.
    I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once but it turns out that I was mistaken.
    Web Templates. My Beginner Video Tutorials
    My Club. My Album.
    My Other Album. My Tutorial.

Why not select the text and vector(s) you are interested in and doing a Shft-Cntrl-C (Create Bitmap Copy) and then Cntrl-C or Cntrl-X it to your external software package. That way Xara creates the Bitmap for you.