Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Number of popup are limited?

Hi,
    I’m having trouble adding this many popup layers in xara. I am adding them via (link to web or email address) radio button in the web properties dialog box, Basically it is cutting off after CLOSE “1118” and not saving the remaining popup text I enter.

(example)
    popup: "layer1" close "arl(lock)" close "buy(lock)" close "go(lock)" close "1(lock)" close "2(lock)" close "3(lock)" close "4(lock)" close "f(lock)" close "f111" close "112"close "113" close "114" close "115" close "116" close "117" close "118" close "119" close "1110" close "1111" close "1112"

Is there a possible work around to this? I cannot use the close all layers option I have scene on the forum because I need some popups to stay open. Unless there is a close all , (except popup xyz) code I could enter..

Thanks

Default Re: Number of popup are limited?

The URL string is limited to 255 characters. However, in this particular case you are using a lot of redundant 'close' words. All the layer names that follow the 'close' word will be closed, you don't have to repeat it. Spaces are also not necessary. So your example can look like this:
    Code:
    popup:"layer1"close"arl(lock)""buy(lock)""go(lock)""1(lock)""2(lock)""3(lock)""4(lock)""f(lock)""f111""112""113""114""115""116""117""118""119""1110""1111""1112"
    John.

Hi,

Thanks for the info. I did actually try removing all those close tags and spaces but the popups wouldn't function. perhaps i messed up the code, i'll give it another try and post my results.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Yep that worked perfect. Glad i didn't have 10 or so more popups, didn't know the 255 limit..

THanks again