Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: FLV files not exporting correctly (videofile not found)

Sledger

Hopefully this one os okay.

Cantab52
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	folder.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	98.2 KB 
ID:	72747  

OK thanks, I can read that.

Does your server support 'upper case' ?
    Your .flv files are using an uppercase letters, the files cannot even be found when using the direct link, so if they are there as shown in your screen shot, something else is wrong on the server.

Other than this, I have a 'feeling' that the <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain" /> parameter for the player could also be an issue in your particular case, though I don't know enough about this param to give any advise.

Yes the server uses upper case successfully. All the flash files work okay as pop-up picture galleries and they are in upper case. Youtube Mp4's work fine in pop-ups.

In summary, mp4 and flash(swf) files work ok. I don't understand why flv's don't. They are set-up the same way as the other two. I can't use flash for pop-up layers as they all play at once and I don't know how to stop that.

I can't use non-Youtube mp4's because I don't know how to make them progressive.

Our IT person claims it can't be our server because of the fact that mp4's and flash(swf) work.

Regards
    Cantab52

Kevin,

For example, also present in your screenshot but not showing up via a direct link are:

http://rugby.hibs.school.nz/defaul_h...conditions.PDF (or.pdf)

and

http://rugby.hibs.school.nz/defaul_h...0Project.1.SWF (or .swf)

These files also use UpperCase in their file name, which is why I am thinking this might be a problem.

Your default.htm file is correct from what I can see, so no trouble with the exporting there. The files seem to exist in the correct folder name as well.
    When the .htm and resource folder exists at the same location then the site should load correctly, as it does for many others who use *.flv and other file types in their published sites.

Perhaps when Covoxer comes online later he can suggest some other possibilities.

In the meantime, I'd be inclined to create a single text page with an embeded .flv using all lowercase and no spaces in the file name.
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 02 June 2010 at 12:54 AM.

Sledger

I have changed all file names to lower case, pdf's, swf movies etc. It makes no difference.

Kevin

Sorry I can't be of further help on this one

According to your screenshot, you have a "Hakas0.flv" file in the "rugby.hibs.school.nz/default_htm_files" directory, correct?
    So it is supposed to be accessible on the web by following URI:
    http://rugby.hibs.school.nz/default_...les/Hakas0.flv
    Correct?
    Now enter this link in the browser. Is it accessible?
    It is not for me.
    So your server does not provide access to this (and all the rest of the flv files) for some reason.
    I suggest you talk more about it with your IT person.
    John.

Yes, this is exactly what I've been saying. Even the direct links do not work which they should if they exist on the server at the location specified.
    Perhaps a .htaccess file needs editing to allow access to this file type.

I spoke to my IT guy in Sydney and let him look at the thread and the URL, this was his reponse:

try this:
    The server is running IIS based on the error message thrown when you try accessing a .flv file.
    Please check:
    - all .flv files there are readable by the web user or "Everyone" (security settings in windows)
    - that "site" in IIS does not have any restrictions on the files it can server up (open IIS, expand "Default Web Site", right click on your site and click properties)

Just to bump this. I have had the same problem. There seems to be a problem exporting flv or mp4 via WebDAV or directly to a site folder on a network share using a IIs server. Export a SWF and it works fine.

Also, is it possible to source an flv or mp4 file on another web server without coding?