Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    alilister Guest

Default Registration following trial

Hello

I installed the trial of Designer Pro 6 last night, and this morning went in and gave it its new serial number.

Many of the gallery items are still saying they are not available in the trial version. Should that have changed since the program was registered? If not, how else do I obtain the content.

Thanks.

Ali
    IP

Default Re: Registration following trial

These additional designs and templates will be available on the full CD.
    I don't have any accurate information on the date, but generally speaking the CD versions are pressed some weeks after the initial release.
    IP

alilister Guest

Thanks very much. I did wonder whether it might bring stuff over from version 5, but no.

It isn't a killer.

Ali
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by alilister View Post
    Thanks very much. I did wonder whether it might bring stuff over from version 5, but no.

It isn't a killer.

Ali
    I found if you worked on a page in XP5 using those Templates or original and saved it. Then an opened up PXP6 the page opens automatically. Very interesting. Ted D
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    These additional designs and templates will be available on the full CD.
    I don't have any accurate information on the date, but generally speaking the CD versions are pressed some weeks after the initial release.
    Steve --

Glad to see this post, as I just ran into the same problem (I think)... I've been a Xara Xtreme 5 user for a while, just spent the last week playing with WD6, and was thrilled to see Designer Pro 6 tonight. Downloaded the trial, paid online, got my reg info and attempted to register online. Seems to have registered, and the
    "register online" item in the help menu is now grayed out. The "about" dialog shows my name and company correctly as well, so it would seem that I'm registered.

However, as posted in the thread above, it seems that much of the content in the Designs Gallery shows the message that "this design is not included in the trail" when I attempt to double-click a thumbnail or drag it into the drawing. Some experimentation suggests that all items with "(Preview)" as a suffix are in the same group -- no ability to download. Unfortunately, that seems to be the last 16 categories of Design content, including examples, photo albums, etc, etc -- along with all web templates: themes, buttons, nav bars, etc.

Is this correct? Not a killer...just a bit disappointing that I can't get access to these until the CD arrives...

A pity there isn't an option to download this directly from the web as an option.

- Jon
    IP

This is correct, it is clearly stated on the Buy Now pages at xara.

After purchasing you will be able to unlock the trial. The software will be fully functional but does not include some resources that are on the CDs (some templates, clipart, plugins, fonts). We will also send the CDs. There is no download-only version.
    Furthermore, the info popup adds:

What's Included?
    Instant unlock of the trial, plus a CD with the Designer software, full help, more than 50 Live Effects plug-ins, more than 3000 images including clipart, example illustrations and template graphics, 200 photos, 500 textures, 250 Truetype and PostScript fonts. A printed Quick Reference Card. Plus an extra Xara Xone CD containing more than 80 HTML tutorials featuring step by step creation of images and Hints & Tips. 450 page printed manual (except for upgrades from older versions of Pro)
    The considerable extra resources would probably be quite a hefty download, much bigger than WD6 templates for example.
    IP

No argument -- nothing misleading on the website. Just q bit disappointed that there isn't an option to download the extra resources, as I'm anxious to try them out and put some of them to work.

- Jon
    IP

Post Re: Registration following trial

Does anybody know when the cd's will be ready ?
    Marcia
    A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work unless it's open.
    Frank Zappa
    IP

According to the Xara site, end of July.
    IP

You can use everything that Xara Xtreme/Pro 5 had in the meantime, just go to the Designs Gallery, click on disc designs and navigate to the clipart folders from Xara Xtreme/Pro 5 (My default was C:\Program Files\Xara\Xara Xtreme 5\Clipart) and click Add - All the clipart galleries will be added. All other content from XX/P5 can be added the same way.
    That way you still have a complete set of Galleries and Templates etc. to use whilst waiting for your CD's
    You don't have to create everything at once, just recreate the galleries as you find that you need them.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
    IP