Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Posting pages to different folders

I'm using Web Designer 5. In the Web Page Properties dialog, I can specify a subfolder in the Publish tab, but it affects all pages. How can I publish the Home Page to the root but have other pages publish to a subfolder? I could move pages later using FTP, but I'm not sure all the links would work then.

Thanks for any advice.

Default Re: Posting pages to different folders

Welcome to TalkGraphics

The sub folder specified in the Publish dialog refers to a sub folder many ISPs specify for your files. For example public_html.

When you upload your WD files to the sub directory, you will be in the root directory.

That make sense?

Sorry for the long hiatus. I was on vacation and didn't see this response until now.

Actually, it doesn't matter so much to me which folder WD puts my files in, because I can deal with that. What I still want to know is whether there is a way to make WD put the home page in one folder and then put other pages in a subfolder (which is password-protected on my server). I've been able to move those other pages manually and copy the style files to the subfolder and everything seems to work. But I'm hoping there is a way to tell WD to do it so I don't have to do the extra work.

Thanks,
    Richard

I still want to know is whether there is a way to make WD put the home page in one folder and then put other pages in a subfolder
    No

OK, thanks. I'll figure out a workaround.