Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Cool Pro5 Serious Access errors, pdf filter problems!

Hi There, Need a bit of help...been trying to export to pdf 300 dpi resolution and pdf/x with no success(psd export same result). Getting access violation errors with continue or quit option. So far have rebooted, uninstalled, reinstalled, rebuilt document. attached error message and document info.

Any help is greatly appreciated. been trying to complete this urgent project on deadline for last 36 hours.

Paul
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Access violation exception.JPG 
Views:	111 
Size:	41.0 KB 
ID:	72696   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xara Banner Doc info.JPG 
Views:	104 
Size:	45.3 KB 
ID:	72698  

Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Crashingtiger; 31 May 2010 at 09:08 AM.

Default Re: Pro5 Serious Access errors, pdf filter problems!

I would try rebooting your computer, closing all open applications, then open Xtreme and try again. And maybe increase the amount of JPEG compression.

Hi Gary, thanks for quick reply. I did that prior to posting...closed all programs except xara, rebooted several times, restarted program several times, although no change.

Paul

Have you tried removing whatever the 'Effects' are that you have used and are listed in the doc properties.

Otherwise I would suggest contacting Xara Support and making your .xar file available to them. Though you will have to be prepared to wait for Xara to get to your case.

Hi Sledger,

I did have to remove some text effects> text that were combined, with intersecting shapes with gradient applied. Doing this allowed me to export as BMP and open with Photoshop, then save as pdf in Photoshop. The saved pdf from Photoshop was successful.

I will have to contact xara support for info on the text effects exporting issues.

Thanks.

Hi Paul, and welcome to the forum

Part of the problem here may be that the pdf format doesn't support a lot of things you can do with Xtreme, and especially with Live Effects. For example, the pdf format supports very few types of transparency. That's a limitation of the pdf format itself.

Since it appears that a bitmap exported as a pdf will serve your needs, and Xtreme actually generates most Live Effects as bitmaps, perhaps the solution is to "flatten" your image (create a 300dpi bitmap copy of it), and export that. Since it involves transparency and you were ok with the BMP export, I would create the bitmap copy as True Color rather than True Color with Alpha.

You could also try exporting the image as TIFF, PNG or JPG, then drop it into a new page or new file and export your PDF.

Allison