Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Cool PDF Import Trouble

I have created a file in CorelDRAW (I know, this is a XARA forum, I can already hear it) and have created a .pdf file. This page is created to display work that I am creating in an online CorelDRAW class. I have imported other such files into a webpage I am working on in Web Designer. When I imported this file it was as if it were a regular file that was not grouped or anything and wouldn't resize to the page, with the resize handles hidden by the page borders. I have tried both a PDF Creator program made file and a print to PDF file from Corel and they both act the same. Thanks for any help.

chuck

I know, if you would just create your graphic in XARA you can just drag and drop onto the page. (as he walks away pulling the eggs and tomatoes off himself)
    Sorry, but the pdf exceeds the file limit.

Default Re: PDF Import Trouble

When I tried to import a PDF it came with Clipview and when trying to get rid of the Clipview it allowed the first but not the second leaving the artboard along with the object. Then I tried Open from main menu and got the same results could not remove the Clipview. Looks like you will need to buy Xtreme to get the benefits of vectors or just assemble your design in Corel and bring the Slices in to Web Designer.
    Design is thinking made visual.

Albacore, thanks for your reply, I am glad to hear that I am not the only one having trouble importing PDF's. I do have Extreme 4 and may have to try it this way, though I am not as comfortable with XARA. When i tried to export to .gif, it showed the file to be a whopping 484MB in size, but only shows to be less than 1,000KB from Windows Explorer. Something has to be going on with the file cause the thumbnail preview is not even showing up as a graphic like all the others, even those of larger file size.

chuck

Ended up taking a shot at what you suggested Albacore and it didn't turn out too bad, though I had to make some changes along the way and some were for the better. I was then able to drag page to WD, but haven't gotten the pop-up to work yet to view it from thumbnail view, but it's gettin late'. I was also able to find out how a few of XARA's tools worked along the way so it was a good experience. Thanks for the suggestion.

chuckray

PS. Finished work is attached.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	chuckraysfinal.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	78.8 KB 
ID:	60111  

Quote Originally Posted by TXchuck2u View Post
    I have created a file in CorelDRAW (I know, this is a XARA forum, I can already hear it) and have created a .pdf file. This page is created to display work that I am creating in an online CorelDRAW class. I have imported other such files into a webpage I am working on in Web Designer. When I imported this file it was as if it were a regular file that was not grouped or anything and wouldn't resize to the page, with the resize handles hidden by the page borders. I have tried both a PDF Creator program made file and a print to PDF file from Corel and they both act the same. Thanks for any help.

chuck

I know, if you would just create your graphic in XARA you can just drag and drop onto the page. (as he walks away pulling the eggs and tomatoes off himself)
    Sorry, but the pdf exceeds the file limit.
    I had the same problem some time ago - changing .cdr (Coreldraw) files to .xar. I think what I did to resolve the problem was download my old version of CORELXARA and saved it as a .xar file. Then I uploaded it to my newer version.

I don't know if Corelxara would install on Windows 7. At the time, I had an XP machine.

When I need to create some drawing in Corel Draw then need the objects in Xtreme, copy and paste works very well. In CD select all (or the objects you need) and copy to clipboard. Open Xtreme and paste. NOTE: This works using CD X4 and Xtreme Pro 5.

This works better than saving/exporting from CD then importing into Xtreme IMHO.

Too bad Corel cannot properly handle a Xara Document when pasted from the clipboard.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update