Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Publishing Site Problem - HTM not HTML ?

Hi, I've uploaded my site to my provider-that worked fine-except it's in a folder called public_htm & not public_html which is hosting my current site.

Do I need to convert the files to HTML or is it something I should take up with the provider?

Thanks a million!

Big Al7

Default Re: Publishing Site Problem - HTM not HTML ?

Hi BigAl,

I believe you can change that by exporting to an html when you do the export.....I'm at work so can't show the screen but when exporting you have the ability to change the file name you export to. This will then create a subfolder accordingly.

Hope this helps.
    Ed......:-)

All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you.
    -Gandalf (from Lord of the Rings) - Xara s/w - Xara Designer Pro X11

Thanks for the reply-

When I export the site it says

filename: index

save as type: Website (HTML) (*htm;*html)

I can't seem to just change it there, will try my site provider & see if I can just rename the folders. Fingers Crossed!

You should be able to save as type html....I believe that *.htm is the default. I think that would solve your problem.
    Ed......:-)

All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you.
    -Gandalf (from Lord of the Rings) - Xara s/w - Xara Designer Pro X11

If your host has a public_html folder you usually need to upload your files there to see your website. It shouldn't matter if they're .htm or .html both should work. If you want to keep your current site live and upload another one to test then create a directory in the public_html folder eg. call it "test" and you can access it by going to www.yourdomain.com/test/

If you're uploading outside of the public_html you probably won't be able to view your website online.

Thanks guys, fixed the problem, just had to rename all the pages with .html a then reconfigure the nav bar back to the original text!

Thanks again!

The folder on your web host's site really has nothing to do with whether your files end in htm or html. It is just a convention some web host's use to house user's websites.

My web host has a folder structure htdocs. Others use other naming conventions. But it is confusing.