Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation Can someone make this spin for me please?

I'm new in this forum, so please tell me if I'm incorrectly posting.

Anyway, I've basically given up on this.

Can someone please make this spin for me? I need it to spin like a pinwheel.

----> this way please.

I've also attatched an SWF verion of the photo, i don't know if it would help.

Im a noob, i know.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.gif 
Views:	96 
Size:	50.9 KB 
ID:	72313  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by BMXboy109; 19 May 2010 at 01:33 AM.

Question Re: Can someone make this spin for me please?

Welcome to TalkGraphics, BMXboy.

What have you given up on? What have you tried? How far have you gotten trying to make the ??? spin? What software are you trying to use to make your spinny thingy spin?

Freebies, especially spinning freebies, are usually frowned upon on TG. You'll find that other TalkGraphics posters and users of Xara (and other) software products are more than willing to help you achieve the 'spinning' task you're struggling through.

How can we help you help yourself?

Let us know,
    HayTay

Default Re: Can someone make this spin for me please?

Welcome to the TG Forums.

Perhaps this will help?

http://www.talkgraphics.com/showpost...0&postcount=13

And please let us know which Xara software you are using, you should add this to your user profile information as it makes it so much easier for other members to answer accurately.

Red face Re: Can someone make this spin for me please?

I really didnt know about your feelings on freebies, sorry, but i really need this fast, thats sorta why ive asked

Lightbulb Re: Can someone make this spin for me please?

Additionally, you may want to take a gander at iamtheblues' 'ALL NEW Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link'. Bob's excellent tutorial may be just enough to get your spinning graphic completed. If not, there's a whole group of use here to help you through it and answer your questions.

Show us how far you've gotten, then let us know where you're stuck and what isn't working for you.

Cheers,
    HayTay
    Last edited by HayTay; 19 May 2010 at 01:34 AM. Reason: Removed redundant phrase.

I was vague when i stated what i needed. I need the radiation symbol to rotate clockwise, not 3D on an axis. And for some reason i forgot to upload the picture. anyway, im in a hurry

Quote Originally Posted by BMXboy109 View Post
    anyway, im in a hurry
    Aren't we all
    Anyway - we don't do freebies - sorry.

Lightbulb Re: Can someone make this spin for me please?

BMXboy,

This sample was done using a combination of Xara Xtreme, Xara 3D6, and a free font from dafont.com named Symbolix.

You can download trial versions of Xara Xtreme and Xara 3D6 from Xara.com if you don't already have the applications. Actually, this animation is relatively simple and can be done solely with Xara Xtreme if you'd like to give it a go. With an open mind, and some help, you can probably finish the animation in less than an hour.

It's fun, it increases your brain cell activity, it teaches you a skill you can use for other animations and graphics, etc., etc., etc., blah, blah, blah. Oh, and did I mention, IT'S FUN.

Click on the attachment to see it spin! This is a low quality sample, yours could look much better.

Why not give it a go...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Radiation Rotation with Sample Overlay_02.gif 
Views:	155 
Size:	178.5 KB 
ID:	72318  

Jees, the poster only asked a question.

Try this:
    Create new animation.
    Create or paste artwork and give it a name.
    Copy frame.
    Rotate artwork in desired direction (so as not to confuse Xara e.g. 360deg)
    Le voila.

Hi Sadler,

It's true he only asked a question and I think it's been properly answered. The issue is likely that he also posted another thread asking for others to do something for him and that's not what these forums are about. They are about helping each other learn, and God knows, I've been the recipient of that. One of the things I believe the moderators are looking for is that someone is actually trying to help themselves first. If that appears to be the case then help is much more easily forthcoming.

Sometimes people should read the rules on receiving help from members to understand that doing freebies isn't part of the deal unless the person giving the freebie does so of their own accord. It isn't that Steve was feeling strong about the freebies being given more that he was helping the OP understand the rules of the forum.

I'm sure if BMXBoy109 attemps the rotation of his graphic and he gets stuck, posts his efforts, then someone will be very happy to give him help.....

The people on this forum are Xtremely helpful with almost every facit of these programs.

Hope that's helpful a bit anyway....
    Ed......:-)

All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you.
    -Gandalf (from Lord of the Rings) - Xara s/w - Xara Designer Pro X11