Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: My XWD sites

WD6 My XWD sites

Just wanting to show off a couple of the sites I've designed using XWD. These are always work in-process so there may be some issues. Plus, someone else is maintaining them who doesn't have a creative background and there may be some inconsistencies. I've completely abandoned all of Adobe's software thanks to Xara's wonderful products, and the GIMP...

www.spookywoods.com
    www.nc-it.com

p.s.
    ncit was designed and published in about an hour and a half (can't do that with Adobe) oh, and borrowing some flash from the old site.

Default Re: My XWD sites

Like your second site better than the first. Spooky woods site you might have some copyright worries there with the trailer?
    Design is thinking made visual.

What copyright worries? We own all the rights... but thank you for taking time to comment.
    Jon

Nice sites,
    The Spooky Woods gallery starts with no image, until you select an 'album' which is strange (not scary strange). When you do realise what to do and shake the vertical scroll bar (in Firefox) the Flikr image disappears.
    Is maze spelt with an 'i' in America?

I don't like the red link text (top right) in the NCIT, it strains my eyes. The flash animations are effective.
    On the contact page, the phone icon has a reflection but not the email icon.
    True love is the ultimate truth

Thanks for your comments. Very appreciated. And "yes" maze is spelled wrong on purpose. Also, I agree with you on the gallery with no images to start, but that wasn't my decision. I had it there, then the owner did some changes of his own. (You gotta love co-op website maintenance... lol). I also agree with you on the "red" links on the NCIT site. It sees very little traffic, and I was going for a darker look, but I will try and change it when I get time... Thanks again, great comments. Jon