Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Info Exported Pages in WD6 not updating with placeholder name chage

This had me confused for a while but I had an off page html placeholder with php code and I was changing the name from html to head etc. to test the page but the exported page wasn't reflecting the changes. Changing the html code section a bit in the placeholder makes it refresh though.

Default Re: Exported Pages in WD6 not updating with placeholder name chage

Hi Tom,

I'm sure this makes sense to you but I can't really follow the flow

Hi,
    If you change the code and preview it will show the file with changed code. Unless to export the website with the changed code it will still have the old code.
    You have to re export the website with the new code as the export replaces the previous files.
    JimM
    p.s. If I got your delema right

Yes but re-exporting when you change the name of the place holder only and the exported page won't reflect this change (only if the html code is modified does it update).

To Recreate
    Create a placeholder off to the side of the page and put some test code in it. Add the name <head> , save and export. All is ok but if you change the name to <html> to change the position of the code (or any other name probably) and export the exported page isn't updated.

Quick Fix
    Just change the code in the html code section of the placeholder a bit.

Perhaps in most cases exported files are not needed to update with name changes but in this case it had me confused.

I can't repeat that at all. It even updates the source in Preview as well as on export.

Are you making sure you remove the <HEAD> name before apply the <HTML> name?

Yes removing the name and adding the new name and the exported file isn't updating for me. Just tried it again and still not working in preview or exported file.

Changing graphic on the page and the exported file updates reflecting the graphical change put placeholder name change still not taken into account.

I've attached the web file I'm testing with.

Also noticed something wierd just now when exporting. I exported a one page site (attached) and it exported the page as products.htm, I exported again and it exported same page as store.htm, I exported third time and it exported as store.php (the actual file name I've set). I didn't make any significant changes between the exports, strange.
    Edit: This might have been because I stripped out all of the pages but one, making store.php the first and only page might have effected file name exports.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by xtom; 17 May 2010 at 10:18 AM.