Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Page-level Access

Hi,
    Is it possible to create page level access using Xara WD 6? I've been searching around here and on Google with no clear answer. If this question has been answered before, or if you know how to accomplish this wih Xara, kindly let me know.

Sincerely,
    jsvfoto

Default Re: Page-level Access

Hello jsvfoto

Welcome to Talkgraphics.

Page Level Access is something that would be granted by the web site or domain administrator, not something that can be done with a web page creation tool like Web Designer or an HTML editor.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

I was looking at this yesterday... I don't if it could be used in a placeholder:

http://www.websitedatabases.com/my_contact_table.html

but certainly this can be used to grant access to pages and directories:

http://www.coffeecup.com/website-access-manager/

I use this quite a lot but you need to understand that it is external to XWD6, that said it's not difficult to use.
    "Second class fairway is better than first class rough!"

Woody your references still require Administrative access by the person and not a general visitor to a site.

You may have answered the question that jsvfoto meant to ask, but what he posted did not seem to indicate that was his question in my opinion.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Thumbs up Re: Page-level Access

Thanks for your replies.

I guess my question wasn't specific enough. I don't want to create a wiki-type page where a general visitor can log in, but a more secure one.

Woody's answer was what I was looking for. I'm thinking of setting up separate pages that only people I specify can access via a login/password. I was hoping this would be a feature built into Xara. It's not, but that's all right. It's still a highly intuitive WYSIWYG website builder. It's almost like working on a layout/publishing program...

@Woody,
    Correct me if I'm wrong here...but basically all I do is create the page using Xara, then I "secure it" using one of those 3rd party services you listed, and finally upload everything via FTP?

You could also use a few little ph scripts to have a login system. Lately, I've used one for a few sites where I needed user sections. I did 1 "standard code" site, 2 Xara sites.

Do a google search for vauthenticate and you will find the scripts. If you have a little bit of php understanding and a little MySQL understanding, you will be able to use these and they are actually pretty cool and flexible.

Actually, here's the link: http://www.beanbug.net/vScripts.php

Does this help?

i make a small cms using xara, they have a user registration and you can add diferent levels of users admin, client, member, user, visitor etc.. i try to separate from cms and make a modular block for using in xara.. see and old example here are are make in xara
    http://www.modulosoporte.com/lab/xaracms/