Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Navigation Bar Changes Not Applying (WD6)

Having trouble here - I'm creating a simple nav bar in WD6, and am using one of the design gallery versions.

However, when I edit the color scheme for the nav bar, it doesn't apply the changes. I've gone back in and stared at the nav bar style settings, and the settings appear correct but won't apply to the nav bar.

File attached - any ideas???
    Attached Files Attached Files

A little french village east of Dallas, TX called Forney And now Austria and Germany too

Default Re: Navigation Bar Changes Not Applying (WD6)

Wolfcoach,

What you want to do is in the color bar at the lower left hand part of the screen, there are five squares (not diamonds) of color. The two to the far left are called Theme Color 2 and Theme Color 3. Right click on either of these and chose edit Theme Color X. Then change the color in the color editor. Repeat the process for the other color and you are done. Theme color 3 is the mouse off color, and Theme color 2 is the mouse over color.

Hope that helps.

Eric
    I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once but it turns out that I was mistaken.
    Web Templates. My Beginner Video Tutorials
    My Club. My Album.
    My Other Album. My Tutorial.

Thanks for the help - that did do the job!

I just don't understand why there would be an adjustment for the colors in the Navigation Bar Style Customizer if it is being over-written by the Themes...

A little french village east of Dallas, TX called Forney And now Austria and Germany too

Wolfcoach,

If you mean by 'Navigation Bar Style Customizer' the 'Menu Style' button in the Navigation Bar Properties screen, that is for the sub-menus (a.k.a. button fly-outs). Now that you have changed the theme colors, if you want sub-menus, you can use the theme colors in them as well. By using the named theme colors in the sub-menus, once you edit the theme color again, all objects that use that named color change with it. This is one of the coolest features of Xara, IMHO.

Eric
    I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once but it turns out that I was mistaken.
    Web Templates. My Beginner Video Tutorials
    My Club. My Album.
    My Other Album. My Tutorial.

oooooooh, ok - I'm on board now.

And I agree - I love the way theme colors work, which is why I try to keep the number of themes in a single design to a minimum. Makes it so much easier to offer different colorizations.