Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Xara Xtreme 6

Default Re: Xara Xtreme 6

Hold on,

I hope XARA will not create compatibility problems with existing sites.
    I have both XaraXtemePro and WD 6. I bought WD6 because I though that it could have helped me to develop Web sites easily since it was a kind of "dedicated" application.

I had developed my new web site prototype in XaraXtemePro.

Recently I reopened the file with WD6 and clicking on the logo, to make a slide change on it, I got an error, like the 3D Extrusion and Plugins were not supported in WD6 !

I had to re-open it in XaraXtemePro to modify the logo, save it, and reopen in WD6.

In addition after a save in WD6 I noticed that if now I open it in XaraXtemePro, it gives me a warning about "a new more recent file format".

- Should I expect in a near future a complete forklift in which WD7 will handle its own (as example) .WED data file and XaraXtemePro will continue to handle .XAR ?

Regards

Tony - True, but that's not at debate. Xtreme PRO 6 will have all of the WD6 features. It's the NOT PRO version of extreme that will not get the WD6 features added - you will have to go to Xtreme PRO 6 to get them.

My point was that the Standard (non-pro) version of Xtreme will not have the WD6 features. But if there is to be an Xtreme 6 and it doesn't have the WD6 features, it follows that there MUST be some other feature upgrades coming that we still have yet to discover.

antimix: Because the WD products have fewer features, some of the things that you create in Xtreme will not be editable - the tools to edit them simply don't exist.

That said, you can save a step: Open your site in WD like you want. Also open a copy (of the site or just your mockup xar file or whatever) in Xtreme. If you want to edit the logo, do so in Xtreme5, then select it and ctrl-c (copy) it. Go to WD, eliminate the logo you don't want and paste the copied one as a Xara object into WD6.

This way, you don't have to keep opening and closing files and applications and instead you just transport the objects you want from Xtreme.

Some things, even though there are not specific tools in WD6 to deal with them, are still editable in WD (at least they were in WD5). For example, if you create a blend in Xtreme (blends being unavailable in WD), you can copy/paste it into WD and still do things like modify the beginning or end object color and the blend will reform based on the change. For more specific blend control, you will have to use xtreme, but there's more to some of the object types that you can do than you might think.

Hope this helps.

Am I the only one checking at least twice a day if Xtreme Pro 6 is out?

Quote Originally Posted by Nostaw View Post
    Am I the only one checking at least twice a day if Xtreme Pro 6 is out?
    Yes I'm checking at least 3 times a day! How can we be certain it's coming out this quarter anyway? I have seen no news of it.....
    I ate my crayon.

Just wait.
    John.

Last year XXP5 came out on the 4th of June.

@covoxer ... It's OK for you to say "just wait", John, you've probably got it! We're rattling the bars here
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Should be soon (I hope).

You'll note there has been a lack of regular participation in forum by certain prominent members which indicates to me they are busy doing "other things".

Other things like yard work, flood cleanup, holiday (vacation), etc.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Smile Re: Xara Xtreme 6

Quote Originally Posted by slavelle View Post

My point was that the Standard (non-pro) version of Xtreme will not have the WD6 features. But if there is to be an Xtreme 6 and it doesn't have the WD6 features, it follows that there MUST be some other feature upgrades coming that we still have yet to discover.
    Point taken. In that case I'd agree with you fully.
    Tony