Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: New Website

Default New Website

Hi to everybody;
    I remaked my website for this year of 2010. I look forward to Your precious comments.

www.jorgevilela.com

Default Re: New Website

Hi Jorge,

Unusual design

Just one thing. The onMouseover="this.scrollAmount=0" doesn't work in Google Chrome or Apple Safari.

Indeed, an unusual design. And that is positive as far as I'm concerned but a few things don't really work for me:
    • The home page is too empty (as if some graphics are still loading);
    • The outsized mouse-over menu items first gave me the impression that something had gone wrong with your page and, when I realized that the effect is intended, I felt it was an unsuccessful attempt to fill the void;
    • I don't like the text scrolling because I can't see how much text is presented on each page and I can only read as much and as fast as the scroller allows me. The effect is nice, but I would have it as a background effect with a 'regular' text box in front/superimposed.

Finally, have you considered including more information and/or samples of your work?

Unusual, but great or not so great ??
    I did a test in mozilla firefox and internet explorer and works fine; it is html code; do you know how to fix ?

It is unusual but it has a clean, light, airy feel. Navigation is easy and content is to the point, not fussy or pushy showing the user you are business-like and efficient as well as modern. The style suits the product you are selling. The scrolling area might be a bit taller perhaps [or text slightly smaller ] displaying more of the content at any one time.

Can you tell? I like it
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Thumbs up Re: New Website

I totally agree with neodeist. I like the feel of the site and it suits the product. Maybe make the text a bit smaller (both the rollover text and the text in the scrolling area) ? And... Illustrator is with double L... (I find it is very important that there are no clerical errors on a website)
    I like it !
    Marcia
    A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work unless it's open.
    Frank Zappa