Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default web designer 6 cd

does the backup wd6 cd have any more stuff in than the full downloaded WD6 version? CD just arrived today but cant seem to download designs?...> designs gallery > get disc designs asks for a folder to down load from if i click the cd in the drive 'add on folder' and 'file product folder' are visible if i click any one of them cd asksto create a index then says it cant what am i mssing if anything?

Default Re: web designer 6 cd

To download the Templates, go to Help>Download Templates. To add a folder of your own to the Design Gallery, click on Disk Designs button. WD6 adds an index of some sort the your folder in order to add it to the Design Gallery. Trying to add a folder from a CD isn't possible because it can't write the needed file to the CD.

Jim

cheers

are there any more templates though in the cd than the full download version or is it just a full back up of the download version?.....before i boot it up and call me paranoid but in the past with other programmes they have corrupted the file when over writing an existing file

Quote Originally Posted by scruffy.thedog View Post
    are there any more templates though in the cd than the full download version or is it just a full back up of the download version?
    From Xara website:
    Xara Web Designer is a download-only product, however you will be offered the option of purchasing a back-up CD during the purchase process. Note, because this is a new product the CD will not be in stock and shipped until the end of April.
    So yes, it's just a backup, you aren't purchasing more material.
    You could easily burn your own backup CD if you wished from your original downloads.
    Remember, that future patches and updates will still need to be downloaded from Xara.

thanks s