Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Web Desinger 6 will not open .web file

Today when I try to open an existing .web file using file-Open I get two error messages.

The first- see attached open.jpg and clicking on continue I get the second error message - see attached error.jpg

Clicking on any button shown on the error.jpg caused the Web Designer program to close completly

I have sent the error report to Xara.

I also have Web Designer 5 on the same computer and it works without any problems

Any ideas?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Open.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	19.2 KB 
ID:	71658   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Error.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	37.1 KB 
ID:	71659  

IP

Default Re: Web Desinger 6 will not open .web file

Rumor has it that they are working on an update. In the meantime, do this to change the skin to the light grey, which solves the problem:

Ctrl Alt Shift and S

http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=44581
    IP

It seems our lil band is growing....sadly
    If I had any more brains I'd be a half wit !
    IP

I wonder what the common denominators are though? Luckily, I don't have trouble opening WD6 or WD5 .web files, or .xar files for that matter. I hope the upgrade fix doesn't mess me about I'm on XP SP2 btw.
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64
    IP

Xara Support sent me a zip file with a new webdesigner.exe, xaraxeng.dll and xaraxenu.dll to replace the orginal files... This fix seems to have solved the problems I was having and the same problems others were having. I appreciate Xara Support helping promptly with the issues.

I will let everyone know if this update has any problems in the near future.

From Supports email they say persons running backup software experienced these problems.. However, I am not aware of any backup software running on my computer..so I am confused as to the source of the problem which came on suddenly a couple of days ago.
    IP