Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default What is special_htm_files folder?

I've been updating a site for the past day without any problems. While working on it today I exported it and prepared to upload, and found a folder called special_htm_files next to the index_htm_files folder (.web is called index). This special folder had all the files in it and the index_htm_files folder had one file in it. Anyone know where this came from or why? There's nothing in the file called "special" or named "special". I re-saved and re-exported and now everything is back in the index_htm_files folder as it should be. Just wondering what happened, or should I be concerned?

Jim

EDIT: I did find a page called special.htm (oops). Somehow the file was corrupted and my navigation reverted to old links. One page is missing mouse-over effects. Don't really know what happened but it's fixable.
    Last edited by jimhanus; 22 April 2010 at 11:55 AM.

Default Re: What is special_htm_files folder?

Whatever the name of your home page is the name given to the folder. So, if your home page is called Jim then the folder will be named jim_htm_files, etc.

gary,
    Yes I know that. Somehow the special.htm page must have become the home page, don't know how, but I've got everything back to normal. I had renamed all pages in the site yesterday to be more specific to the page contents and all was OK, but some of the links reverted to the old page names when making changes today (which no longer exist such as index_8.htm instead of special.htm) and had to be corrected. Some linked to the new pages as they should have. Does WD6 retain old info somewhere that was retrieved instead of using the correct info?

Jim

Gary,
    Another question: It appears that my sites are not caching images and every time I go to a different page the images reload from the server. I'm using FF 3.5.6 and IE8. It only seems to do it it in FF. Any suggestions?

Jim