Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default home html files error msg. in XXpro5

Hello together,
    thank u for your great work here, i ve learnt a lot the last weeks about using xara. Now I made a small website, and up to now all looked great.
    Since yesterday I ve been trying now to publish the site, but I always get the error message: home_htm_files: permission denied.
    I also tried to publish the site by filezilla. But also here I could not transfer the files.
    I would be great if someone has any idea about this prob? many thanks in adv. egon

Default Re: home html files error msg. in XXpro5

I suspect your hosting plan does not allow you to create sub-folders.
    John.

Welcome to TalkGraphics William

Check with your web host. Every web hosting company has a different requirement for uploading files. Some times you need to upload your files to a special director such as public_html, or ht_docs, etc.

Most web hosts also have a page on their web site with instructions for uploading files.

thank you both, I will check out both things. t tried publishing directly in the root directory on my isp s server but there are more directories on my webspace such as http docs (sounds promising...).Has the index.htm file not always to be placed in the root?
    If I choose one of these directories, e.g. http docs, would it be necessary to write this directorys name as sub-directory in the ftp properities of xara?
    william