Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Default Re: WD6 - Unhandleable unidentifiable exception in thread at 0x00000000

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Are anyone experiencing this problem also running an OS theming application like 'Window Blinds' or similar?
    Nope, I'm a plain vanilla kind of guy.

Ctrl Alt Shift and S worked for me too! Thanks Zenarcher. Where did this solution come from?

Clearly a xara bug, not a local machine issue.
    IP

If you are having issues with the Xara Dark interface the issue is more likely to be with the CodeJock skin and not the Xara code (which is the light gray interface).
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Soquili View Post
    If you are having issues with the Xara Dark interface the issue is more likely to be with the CodeJock skin and not the Xara code (which is the light gray interface).
    How is this relevant to the average user?

I have no idea what codejock is. XWD6 is black out of the box.

Are you suggesting that it's not Xara's problem?
    IP

Bill

that would be as in:

http://www.codejock.com/ ....?

good reason I think for giving the user an proper interface option for the skin...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

JD I am suggesting it is not Xara's problem as in their code. It is a problem in the use of a 3rd party software to give the program a "skin". Xara developers will not be able to identify and correct an issue where the 3rd party software is not compatible with how some users have configured their systems. They must rely upon the company CodeJock to identify and correct the issue. This is the most likely reason for the delay from Xara responding to support tickets for this issue. They are most likely waiting for response from CodeJock.

I have been running Web Designer 6 on Vista Ultimate, Windows 7 Professional, and Windows 7 Home Premium. The skin has not introduced any problems on those systems. This leads me to think there is some software running on some people's systems that doesn't work well with the CodeJock skinning software as the problem seems to be resolved by using the standard Xara light gray interface (in other words turning off the skin).

Unfortunately using the standard Xara light gray interface also contains some bugs that may introduce issues.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

I agree as there are so few members here with the same problem.
    And I have been having registry problems at the ame time.
    BTW
    I got a reply from Xara today asking what skin I used and OS and 32 or 64 bit machine.
    They suggested using what Zenarcher told us

I did not tell them, I am being spiteful !

HAHAHA of course I told them .
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Soquili View Post
    JD I am suggesting it is not Xara's problem as in their code. It is a problem in the use of a 3rd party software to give the program a "skin". Xara developers will not be able to identify and correct an issue where the 3rd party software is not compatible with how some users have configured their systems. They must rely upon the company CodeJock to identify and correct the issue. This is the most likely reason for the delay from Xara responding to support tickets for this issue. They are most likely waiting for response from CodeJock.

I have been running Web Designer 6 on Vista Ultimate, Windows 7 Professional, and Windows 7 Home Premium. The skin has not introduced any problems on those systems. This leads me to think there is some software running on some people's systems that doesn't work well with the CodeJock skinning software as the problem seems to be resolved by using the standard Xara light gray interface (in other words turning off the skin).

Unfortunately using the standard Xara light gray interface also contains some bugs that may introduce issues.

It's still irrelevant to me. Xara chose to use codejock, not me. A company cannot sit back and blame one of their vendors.

Now you're saying the light skin has bug as well? So IT IS the xara code that has issues.

I can appreciate the fact that you know a lot about this stuff, but I don't need a xara apologist, I need solutions.

If you know so much because you are associated with xara, then own up to it. What I don't appreciate are shills who will not own up.

I don't appreciate being told that my machine is the problem.

I'm still having page/site preview issues. Mouseover layer does not display properly & links are broken.

There's one simple fact, XWD6 clearly has issues and is not ready for release.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Who View Post
    I agree as there are so few members here with the same problem.
    And I have been having registry problems at the ame time.
    BTW
    I got a reply from Xara today asking what skin I used and OS and 32 or 64 bit machine.
    They suggested using what Zenarcher told us

I did not tell them, I am being spiteful !

HAHAHA of course I told them .
    I got the same email today and I did tell them I had already heard about that... not thanks to them.

The number of users having the problem is immaterial. First, you don't know how many are actually having the problem since you have no clue how many users use this forum.

Secondly, it's immaterial because the publisher must deal with the problem regardless.
    IP

STOP TROLLING!
    John.
    IP

I think XWD is one of the best website makers I have come across and one of the cheapest.
    So it has a few bugs, so does life but we get on with it.

The biggest and best thing going for XWD is this forum, without it lots and lots of struggling designers like myself would be lost .
    My computer, like me, is getting on a bit so I expect it to go wrong and maybe clash with software from time to time.
    I was dreading the thought of having to find another program and start from scratch again.
    I was quite relieved to find out it was a bug or a bug of a bug, whateva.
    Get a grip JD, deal with it or move on !
    IP