Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Rubik's Cube Stereogram Redux

After the tutorial this month, I decided to redo the Rubik's Cube Stereogram. My original hidden image had too many sections. And the sides of my visual cube were black. Since I already had the new cube image...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rubik's Cube II.jpg 
Views:	1460 
Size:	172.8 KB 
ID:	70639  

Default Re: Rubik's Cube Stereogram Redux

That looks super, Gary. I like your highlights around each of the smaller cubes as a nice touch.

Do you know I am useless with a capital U with these things, and it annoys the hell out of me because others can see images and I cant.

In your Gary is the image at the top of the line of cubes what I should be able to see in the stereogram?

Ive sat here now for 15 minutes trying all sorts with my eyes and cant see a thing, even had a look at your site and cant se anything in them either lol maybe I am just one of those people that can't doesn't half annoy me though

Anyway I wish I could see it and I am sure it is superb so well done

Chris

Chris - You are not alone. But I am happy to say that many such as yourself who could not see the hidden image have been able to make believers of themselves.

There are a few things you can try. Look at just two of the visible cubes at the top of the image. Relax your eyes and see if you can merge the two into three images. Don't look cross eyed. Just try to focus behind the images and not on the screen.

If you can do this, then you will be using the correct viewing method. Slowly without changing your focus, move your eyes down the page.

Another thing to try is to move as close to the screen as you can without leaving a nose print on the screen. Relax your eyes (unfocus) and move very slowly away from the screen. Do not focus on the screen but try to focus behind the screen. Try this several times and see if some depth starts to appear.

Relax and do not focus on the screen. And remember, it is not a contest.