Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question Index_html cannot export

Using Xara Web Designer and just change my laptop and it comes with Window 7.

When click export Website - Image files with some pages are exported. But index_html did not appear. So upload to cpanel the website just simply cant appear

Unsure whether is because of window 7.

Appreciate advices.. Thanks

Default Re: Index_html cannot export

Hi Ginngoh,

Please attach your .web file so we can examine it.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Red face Re: Index_html cannot export

have attached the whole folder with xara file and exported file.

please help
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hello and welcome to the forums....

In your .web file you only have 2 pages gallery and eugene you seem to have either deleted your index file or re-named it, I would suggest selecting the first page by clicking on it then right clicking and selecting web properties, make sure the page tab is selected then at the very top you will see page filename in here delete gallery and type index.

Then you can select edit, at the bottom pages and duplicate current page follow the above procedure and rename this one gallery.

I have attached your web file with the changes made

Hope that helps

Chris

PS

When you change the names in the web properties box MAKE SURE you select apply then OK.

PSSSSSSSSSSSS

ALso just remembered when I open the file it is telling me that you are using a font I dont have installed called "strenuous" I have hundreds of fonts lol been a while since I cam acroos one I dont have, anyhow make sure you convert this to a graphic as it is not a web safe font so will be replaced on anyones machine that does not have it installed, if you look at the fonts menu in web designer you will see it is split into 3 sections used fonts, web safe fonts, and all fonts when typing text it is advisable to only use fonts in the web safe font part this will ensure everyone sees the same thing you do.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Smile Re: Index_html cannot export

Remarkable!

When I used XP ; even the first page Page name was changed, export will automatic create a 'index' file.

In Window 7, problem solved when used yr solution : the first page file name to remain as 'index'. The problem solved.

Will take note and thanks so much

Between, ha, this strenuous font is my best favoured. Will convert as yr advice, thanks..

Glad to be of help

Chris