Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Baxter

Default Re: Baxter

Thank you all for your kind thoughts.

We buried Baxter outside the kitchen under the bird bath, next to the cottonwood tree we planted when we first moved here. We placed large stones around the large piece of sandstone that new covers his grave.

Last night it snowed and this is what it looked like this morning.

Mary and I had a discussion this morning about why we grieve so much for our lost companions--Baxter was the last of the five cats we moved to New Mexico with 10 years ago, and I decided that it is because the connection between us and our pets is pure love. There is not intellectual component really, it is just a very close bond of love, joy, and happiness. (We have never even determined what our cat's political affiliations were, though we suspected a few of being in the opposite camp )

The cancer that took Baxter's too short life reduced our large, beautiful, handsome boy, to a wisp of a cat that was just a bag of bones. But up to his last day, he purred when we held him and he gave us all of his love, right up to his last moment on this earth.

We miss him terribly and have a giant Baxter-shaped holes in our hearts.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sm_snow-baxter.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	38.1 KB 
ID:	70417  

my condolences, a pet that you have that long certainly has
    become a part of the family. And one thing about pets is ,
    they don`t judge you,but they might trick you, however.
    be aware, not to become a ware.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Thank you all for your kind thoughts.
    We miss him terribly and have a giant Baxter-shaped holes in our hearts.
    After that moving post I had to give PeeKai a great big hug

It really seems there are a lot of pets leaving people these days. Of course we lost our 19.5 yr old little girl so we certainly feel your pain. We still haven't got a couple kittens yet, we're thinking a summer holiday first and then getting them.....it would be unfair to have new kittens and then abandon them to a holiday when they barely know where they are.

I really feel for you guys.....I'm sure Baxter is in a good place, wherever that is.

Bless you guys, you're good people.
    Ed......:-)

All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you.
    -Gandalf (from Lord of the Rings) - Xara s/w - Xara Designer Pro X11

Thanks again for all your comments.

We do have the "girls from Española", Sophie and Cloe, two adorable kittens that we adopted right after Barnaby died last spring. They are extra special and very comforting. Especially Sophie who pestered "Unca" Baxter until he finally broke down and they became friends. And the kittens are a big comfort and a joy. They will be one the end of the month.

Gary, what a sadness for you both, and so soon after loosing Barnaby, too. Baxter looked a splendid fellow. I haven't had any animals since moving back to London but still miss them all very much. They're all irreplacable in their own way.
    Penny

Hi Gary

So sorry to hear of your loss. They do leave us with a heavy heart, lost my cat of over 15 years - back in early 2000's. Still makes me a little sad, but mostly remember good times now. The way I look at it is, it is hard to loose them but would be worse still never having known them.

Regards

Su

Hello Gary,

I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your beautiful kitty Baxter. From his picture I can see that he was a big and proud cat and I'm sure he gave you many memories and much joy. I lost my own Big Kitty in Sept 2007 (he was 17) and still miss him daily. Taking care of my remaining crew (Jewel, Nellie Bell and Oscar) seems to ease the pain a little. I think their passing reminds us we don't live forever. By example they teach us to live in the moment and love one another. Baxter will be in my prayers tonight and hopefully he and my Big Kitty are hanging out in heaven waiting for us.

Kermit Allen