Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: text help

Fence and others taught me how to move text around inside the picture, but how do you lets say do a word and then insert it and then do another word without the same word coming back up in text box? because when I hit text box I see my old text in there and I start to type and it resizes my fonts and puts it right beside or underneath the text in there...not good...I want it to be more like psp or maybe xara1 where you insert text and hit enter and if you need text again its a new box and you place it where you need it...

thanks

Hi big daddy,

use the cursor to highlight the text you want to change and X3d6 will change just the highlighted text. With nothing highlighted X3D6 assumes you want to change all the text. Look at the default text... "X3D" is very large, and on the next line "version 6" is much smaller, plus other differences.

I still dont understand...I have the initials RMB over a textured background and the RMB is kinda big font....which is cool.....so down some and I wanted to add Leauge so i go to click on the Aa for text box and the RMB is in there still and I dont want it to be because I like it and want it left alone?

Hi Big Daddy,

this might help some. Type your "RMB" and your "Leauge". Turn on the Cursor,hold down the shift button and back arrow over the word "Leauge". Now clcik on the text button, the word "Leauge" is highlighted. Modify "Leauge" to your hearts content. You will just be changeing the highlighted text. See pretty pic...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1upload.jpg 
Views:	247 
Size:	41.1 KB 
ID:	9967  

No can do, BD. Xara3D only uses 1 text window. The method John describes above is the most efficient way.

Another, more cumbersome, way is to take your original text and background and make the window a little big. Move your text to the top of the box with the Alt-Ctrl-Shft drag method you learned earlier and leave some blank space at the bottom. Export that to a bitmap of your choice (jpg, gif, bmp, png, etc.) Now delete your RMB text and replace your existing background with the bitmap you just made. Add your new text, modify it to taste, and move it around as desired.

Here are two very similar graphics using these two techniques. The first one was made as described by John, the second was made using the other method. John's is faster and is what I use 90% of the time. The other has its advantages. Can you think of what they would be? http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	240 
Size:	11.8 KB 
ID:	12821  

John and I are seeing who can post first! John won! http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/tongue.gif

Here's my second graphic

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	235 
Size:	11.8 KB 
ID:	2020  

Fence I can think of its advantages yes. I have learned something new tonight so that is good. Fence your way is what I was looking for in a "round about way" to have some space between the text. And JR way would be faster but you cant space the text to your desire, but you can change the font of that text which is cool.

Thanks to you both tonight and Xara3D should take notice that this would be a nice improvement to there product.

Fence what I dont like about importing and text and backgrounds is it does to somewhat of a degree take away from the quality of the original picture I feel. Since I am a PSP and adobe user I can see a big differnce when you start to do that. But as you said that is a way to skin the cat http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

Thanks