Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Webstyle?

anyone here use webstyle? I don't see a forum for it. I'm having trouble changing colors on navigators. the colors shown aren't the same as the finished product. when I get to the browser preview in the save dialog they're right, but they're different from what is shown in the color selection fields.

I suspect the program may expect something other than 256 colors. has anyone seen anything like this in 3.1????

anyone here use webstyle? I don't see a forum for it. I'm having trouble changing colors on navigators. the colors shown aren't the same as the finished product. when I get to the browser preview in the save dialog they're right, but they're different from what is shown in the color selection fields.

I suspect the program may expect something other than 256 colors. has anyone seen anything like this in 3.1????

I know, there seems to be little support for Webstyle on here. I have a dumb question that maybe someone can help me with. I finished my project but have no idea how to apply it to my exsisting web page from Homestead. I have options to insert HTML and a few other HTML options. I can download each tab but the project wont be whole and no links. I looked everywhere for the support but cant find any ..this is my last chance that I know of. Anyone?

I just began using 3.1 and I'm not sure what'll be best with the new version. the help suggests that when you go to save the graphic you can just save it on your html page and that'll add the graphic to your job. it puts it at the top and then you move it. I ran a test that way and it worked although I've yet to try and move it. I suggest you experiment with that. once you figure it out what to move, I think it'll turn out to be a simple matter of putting something from one of the .js files in the right place. give it a try.

do you have the color problem I'm having? the big color chart looks jumbled and even the bar of colors that I remember as showing grays in earlier versions is now showing colors rather than shades of gray.

I solved the color problem. turns out that webstyle doesn't display colors right in 256 colors just as I expected. changing to 24 bit colors fixed it.

now I'm joining you in having trouble placing my navigator on my page. I can get it in there but I'm having a devil of a time controlling the location. I can get it at the top of a page in the upper left hand corner but I can't get it centered nor can I place it centered at the top of a table column.

I apologise for the lack of support on the forums when it comes to Webstyle. The problem is that within these forums most users create their own graphics and nav bars etc using XaraX and are generally pretty savy at incorporating them within a web site. On the other hand Webstyle creates predefinded templates, which can't be adjusted or altered within Webstyle or XaraX and therefore the great majority of us don't tend to use it. (I purchased a copy but haven't yet installed the CD version). Maybe one of the Xarians out there who does use it could consider becoming a moderator fot a Webster forum?
    Egg
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host