Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Bug Report: Web Designer crashes with DEP

Just thought I should post the problem details from the W7 Reliability Monitor:

Description
    Faulting application name: WebDesigner.exe, version: 5.0.2.10712, time stamp: 0x4b167969
    Faulting module name: XaraDoc.dll, version: 1.9.0.1, time stamp: 0x43060c33
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x0007505f
    Faulting process id: 0x6c4
    Faulting application start time: 0x01cab81814177ec2
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Xara\Xara Web Designer\WebDesigner.exe
    Faulting module path: c:\program files\Xara\xara web designer\XaraDLLs\XaraDoc.dll
    Report Id: 55a818d0-240b-11df-8b4c-0016e6d24183
    IP

Default Re: Bug Report: Web Designer crashes with DEP

Aside from reporting your problem here Thack, I'd recommend logging a support ticket with Xara.
    IP

Default Re: Bug Report: Web Designer crashes with DEP - ANSWERED

I've had a reply from the Xara Support people, which I quote here:

This is a known problem and not something a fix will be provided for within the current version. A fix was previously applied to the actual program allowing the program rendering to handle DEP but a fix has not been applied as yet to the mechanism used for rendering the update file.

So presently all i can recommend is adding the program to the DEP list...

So, it looks like I was right that there is a problem, which makes it doubly strange that sledger can't reproduce it.

Anyway, the answer is clear: Web Designer requires you to have DEP switched off for normal applications (the W7 default), or it must be added to the DEP exclusion list if you've got DEP switched on for all applications.

As for me, I've just uninstalled it and gone back to WYSIWYG Web Designer.

Thack
    IP