Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question Xara 3D6 - Flash (SWF) Vector Export

Hi Everyone,

I have tried to export a vector Flash of a spining logo, Larne 3D.X3D, and this causes X3D6 to crash (Not Responding). I have checked and searched and could find no reports of this issue so I thought it may be my set up. I have tried this on two systems, XP and Vista.

Playing around with various shapes I found that I could get a vector flash export from rectangle shapes, Rectangle Shapes.X3D, that get fairly complex. The problem seems to be with round or elliptical shapes, Elliptical Shapes.X3D. i.e 1 round shape would export okay, 2 round shapes would generate a flash file that would freeze. Anything more than this or start adding bezels then the swf file would appear blank when viewed.

I have reloaded X3D6 from CD & got the latest version of flash player, 10.

Just wanted to know if this was a problem or limitation of X3D6 or not.

Love the forum by the way, it has been a huge help to me as I learn about Xara products. So many knowledgeable and helpful people.

Thanks for any further help or advise.

Cheers,
    Fred.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: Xara 3D6 - Flash (SWF) Vector Export

Hi Fred,

The not responding does not mean that Xara3D6 has crashed. It is working very hard to create the vector flash output and is not responding to Windows messages.

When you specified vector flash output there would have been a warning message about rounded corners and another aspect of your file that would require a large file size for the swf file output. That warning means it will take many calculations to build the swf file. It could take an hour or longer to create such a huge file.

I would recommend you use swf bitmap output instead of vector for your animation.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Hi Bill,

Thanks for your reply.

I switched to flash view so I did not get the warning. I have left the programme running overnight with no result.

I wanted to try using a swf file to generate screensavers, they might be a bit smaller that ones exported from X3D. I have used Instant Storm with Xtreme flash animations, though I would try and experiment with X3D.

Guess I must be asking to much from the software or my machine.

Cheers,
    Fred.

Some things are too much for Xara3D6, especially some complicated shapes and vector flash animation.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update