Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: which software

Default which software

as student looking to integrate 3d Graphics into photoshop which package would be the best to purchase. I do want to be able to bend the graphics as in circular text around an object.
    suggestions would be appreciated.

I am using Windows 7 and CS3 ( at present hoping for CS5 shortly)

Default Re: which software

All 3D applications that I know of can export (or Save as) to jpg, or other raster (bitmap) image. Photoshop is a raster editor and could open such images. Any bending must be done within the 3D app and Photoshop used to make typical image adjustments or collages.

Many 3D apps have trial versions. I would recommend trying as many as possible to find one which fits you work flow.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Cheap fast solution would be using truespace, it has a lot of "text" functions and its free.

All 3D software has some form of exporting to typical image formats, truspace has a fairly good renderer (for being free)

Later on if you want 3D software which uses psd with layers and shuffling psd's back and forth within 3D software, and also editing psd's within 3D software, I know Carrara pro series does this very well. (more mid-ranged price).
    But as you are indicating, simple 3D text + 3D objects, and porting it into an image editor... truespace works fine.
    (not 100% sure about full Win7 compatibility, may need to run as XP app)

To all who replied to my call for help, it is appreciated. and i am still back at trying out Xara3d.
    I will percevere with this at present.