Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Creating "stretchy" screen width background

Hi!

I'm new here and have only recently started using Zara Xtreme 5 Pro.

I'm creating a website and would like the actual contents to be a fixed 850pixels wide and whatever long. The body/background of MY WEB PAGE will be white, but then, as a background to all of this, I'd like there to be a uniform grey colour (colour #e4e4e4) stretching the full screen width of the user's screen.

I simply cannot figure out how to do this without using a template provided. In the template, when I use Dreamweaver to edit the code, I can see that the following code is used to indicate the background colour, but what do I have to do to do it in Xara without having to edit the file in Dreamweaver? The code of a provided template (not my site) shows: <body style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #e4e4e4">. My exported code shows: <body style="">.

What causes it to see something as a stretchy background?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Kindest possible regards

Harry

Default Re: Creating "stretchy" screen width background

Welcome Harry,

Harry the background page bg color is CSS set, so you won't see it in the body tag.

You can change the page bg colour by ctrl+drag'n'drop a colour swatch from the colour line or colour editor.

See Gary's workbook;

http://www.xaraxone.com/webxealot/wo...workbook_1.htm

Default Re: Creating "stretchy" screen width background

Hi sledger - and thanks for the Welcome!

It is such a simple solution that I probably just missed it in the "junior" tutorials, or as a friend is used to saying "I was not paying attention in class...".

Thank you very much! It works like a charm (as if you did not know - hehe!

Have a great day!

h