Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Wow, have I been away that long? Two weeks on the road on assignment.

RJ, have you figured out the text I sent you? Still interested in the how part? I found a text tutorial that exactly outlines my procedure on how I create the PS text. This is my other half of it --

Tutorial 2

1. In Corel Draw, type text using selected bold font.

2. Break apart text. Select text, In menu, ARRANGE>BREAK APART

3. Use tranformation to shape text and layout text. or double click on text and use left/right sliders to distort the text. If you feel industrious, transform text to object and reshape the text via nodes manipulation.

Or if you really feel up to it, draw your text on paper the way you want it, scan in Corel, redraw/compose it as you would a clipart object.

4. Export file to Photoshop in PSD format. For earlier PS versions, by AI.

Now the fun part...

Tutorial 3

After creating the tutorial text, unhide the text layer copy previously created. I do new things on a new layer coz the orig layer may come in handy for other stuff.

1. Make your choice of background and foreground colors ( mine was yellow and medium brown ).

2. Create new layer for swirl work. Position this layer second to the top. It should replace the yellow parts of the text previously created.

In the menu, FILTER>RENDER>CLOUDS. Alien clouds created.

3. Select the pixels on the text layer (hold down CTRL/click on text layer on layer pallette).

4. Click on clouds layer to make it the active layer. Invert text selection (SHIFT+CNTRL+I). Delete inverted selection. You have text with Alien cluds. Don't deselect. Inverse back.

5. This depends on you having Eye Candy 3. Use the swirl filter to create what I have in my text image to you.

Once you have all this done. You can create a bevel edge on the alien cloud text either by Eye Candy's bevel filter or by tutorial I steps 4 to 6. The longcut way maintains a total PS creation without 3rd party filters (the way I like it).

One more thing, The background was created with Flaming Pear's BladePro.

Play around with the tutorial to find variations or improve the procedures. Remember - Experimentation is the sister of the mother of invention. (uhhh?)

Have fun RJ. You too, TalkGraphics guys.

[This message was edited by dv8_fx on March 19, 2002 at 08:09.]
    Attached Files Attached Files
    IP