Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default modifying a flash animation

Hi,

I haven't had much experience using animations, but I created a basic flash animation in Xtreme5 which works fine on the website but now I would like to modify it. Can this be done, fairly simply hopefully? Tried importing the file that I exported (a .swf file), but Xara didn't like that and doesn't recognise that format.
    Thanks,
    Rikko
    24 Jan 10
    IP

Default Re: modifying a flash animation

Hi Rikko,

Xtreme is not a flash or animation importer/editor, it's a creator of frame-by-frame animations which can be exported as flash or animated gif.
    You can only edit the original animation you saved as a .xar
    This is similar to .xar files exported as HTML, you can only create then later edit edit the original project file (.xar) and re export.
    IP

Hi Sledger,

Thanks, however can only find one .xar folder (no .xar files, after a complete file search of my hard drive), in my case, a folder named: "Thai Binh_xar_files" in which the only files are all shockwave flash objects (.swf files) that were previously created? Perhaps I needed to have saved those animations in a different format in the first place?

Cheers,
    Rikko
    IP

The "Thai Binh_xar_files" is a cache folder which is a result of exporting your project to HTML, it contains a copy of any imported .swf file (added via a placeholder).

When you create a new animation in Xtreme you are using an animation template rather than a drawing template. This template changes the application mode slightly and gives you various other tools plus a frame gallery.
    Once your animation is completed and you export it to .swf (File>>Export animation), you should have additionally saved the project file as a .xar. If you don't, and ignored the Xara prompt to do so, your animation project is gone save for the previously exported .swf.

I'm moving this thread as it should be in the Talk Web>>Xara Flash forum
    IP