Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question PSPX2 Draw lines

Can anyone tell me how to draw lines of width 2, 4, 6, ... pixels?
    IP

Default Re: PSPX2 Draw lines

Hi and welcome to the forum. I'm using PSP X, but I doubt that much has changed in your version. Go to the File Menu:Preferences:General Program Preferences:Units and select Pixels from the drop-down menu and then using the Pen Tool, select the line style and width and now draw your lines.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	prefs.jpg 
Views:	188 
Size:	85.8 KB 
ID:	69173   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	line thickness.jpg 
Views:	183 
Size:	23.9 KB 
ID:	69175  

** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by MacNala View Post
    Can anyone tell me how to draw lines of width 2, 4, 6, ... pixels?
    With the pen sett the line size as 2 4 or whatever Colour will be as set by the upper left swatch.
    Paint brush set the brush size
    However if what you want is to fill an image with lines The you need to make a pattern For example
    Open a new image say 10 pixels by 10 pixels Now you paint a 2 pixel wide line from top left corner to top right corner. Next open a 400 by 400 image and select the fill tool (bucket) In materials palate select pattens. Click the arrow head next to the current pattern and if its set as ALL pattens the first on the list will be that10x10 image and if you fill with that your 400 x 400 image will have 2 pixel width lines separated by 8 pixels space's
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by iamtheblues View Post
    Hi and welcome to the forum. I'm using PSP X, but I doubt that much has changed in your version. Go to the File Menu:Preferences:General Program Preferences:Units and select Pixels from the drop-down menu and then using the Pen Tool, select the line style and width and now draw your lines.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    Hi Thanks for the reply. It may be that there is a difference between your version and mine. I was doing exactly as you correctly suggest and had no problems until I came to draw lines of exactly 2 or 4 or 6 pixel widths. The resulting line is always one more than the selected width.
    I was looking for a workaround.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Trev View Post
    With the pen sett the line size as 2 4 or whatever Colour will be as set by the upper left swatch.
    Paint brush set the brush size
    However if what you want is to fill an image with lines The you need to make a pattern For example
    Open a new image say 10 pixels by 10 pixels Now you paint a 2 pixel wide line from top left corner to top right corner. Next open a 400 by 400 image and select the fill tool (bucket) In materials palate select pattens. Click the arrow head next to the current pattern and if its set as ALL pattens the first on the list will be that10x10 image and if you fill with that your 400 x 400 image will have 2 pixel width lines separated by 8 pixels space's
    Thanks Trev that is exactly what I wanted. I do not need lines spaced by 8 but the concept is easy to grasp and change the spacing in the original pattern.

Many many thanks
    IP

Ah the plus one bug Yes PSP made a mistake in PSP 9 with vector lines and it adds a pixel (or more).
    The only work around would be to use say 1 pixel when you want 2 or 3 when you want 4
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Trev View Post
    Ah the plus one bug Yes PSP made a mistake in PSP 9 with vector lines and it adds a pixel (or more).
    The only work around would be to use say 1 pixel when you want 2 or 3 when you want 4
    Unfortunately the problem is worse than that I have tried all sorts of combinations to draw a line 2 pixels wide but the plus 1 does not apply if you select a widthh of 1 you get 1. If you select 2 you get 3 if you select 3 you get 3 and so on.
    I think Corel has concentrated on the Photo side of the package and forgotten that to be useful a package must not drop existing features. I have an old copy of PSP 7 and were it not for wanting some of the feaatures of PSP X2 I would have stuck with that. Corel had the audacity to want to charge me for even investigating the problem, recommending I take a paid for course on how to use PSP X2.

So I am looking for another drawing package.
    IP