Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Xara Xtreme Pro to Toon Boom Studio tutorials

JimR, without wandering too far off topic a video downloads streaming is dependant on your internet connection speed. It sounds like yours is insufficient if you're experiencing this all the time.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

What Egg said... adding;
    Tip: Download the YT video for local viewing

Thanks, I upgraded to TBS 5 on the pre-release special. I haven't played around with it yet but I'm sure these videos will come in handy. I know that Anime Studio has a problem with importing graphics. Most of its users say to draw within AS. Glad to see this isn't going to be a problem with TBS.

As for viewing YouTube videos I usually pause the video and let it continue to download at least a third of the content before pressing the play button. That seems to solve the start-stop-start problem.

Great tutorials Zeb. I could never be a cartoonist but really enjoy watching you do it.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Just finished viewing your videos. They loaded fast, no need to wait for the buffer to fill. Very good job. I like the seamless integration of Xara into TBS with the layers, points, and gradients preserved. Nice!

Perhaps you can do an Xara to Anime Studio Pro next?
    Last edited by InfoCentral; 09 December 2009 at 04:43 AM.

I haven't really messed around with Anime Studio lately. But I just commented on a thread at http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...204#post346204. It does work to go from XXP to AS using the Illustrator import/export. It's just a bit limiting and not as smooth as going to Toon Boom Studio.

Yeah, I just read your post on that thread. I know on the Lost Marble website the AS users all say to draw in AS because, as you have already pointed out, AS likes to add a bunch of extra points. You can edit them out but then your into a lot of editing time. It sounds like XXP to TBS pipeline through pdf is way more seamless and productive.

OTOH, the cost of Toon Boom Animate is way, way, way more expensive than Anime Studio. So for many of us hobbyists that may be the deal breaker.