Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default website building advice

Hi
    Please forgive me but I am a complete novice to web design.

Xara web design is a FANTASTIC program, however I am struggling to find practical advice on how to build a functioning website. There seems to be enough information regarding the operation of the xara web design program,ie how to design the front page etc and the use of the icons to achieve the correct graphics.. But after that I am lost. I know the information is in the help menu but I dont know what to look for because I dont know what the next step is after designing my front page.
    I have red "building websites for dummies for example", but all these books deal with HTML and are pretty useless in helping with XARAs specific WYSIWYG format.
    I hope this question is not to basic but are there any tutorials out there on how to get a functioning website out of Xara web design. If i know what the steps are I will put in the hard work of reading the help menu.

Default Re: website building advice

Hi,

Welcome to Talkgraphics.

The Xara Xone is home to many years of monthly tutorials and workbooks for Xara software.

A couple of workbooks specific for Web Designer are:

Web Designer Preview Workbook 75

Web Designer Special Workbook 76
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Thank you so much..

Basically when you make a website, you are creating an interactive document that can have one page, or dozens of pages.

A good way to begin it to find a website or websites that you like and analyze the sites to see how they work; and then try to create something similar. The Xara Web Gallery has links to dozens of websites created with Xara Xtreme and Xara Web designer.

Gary Bouton's Xara Xtreme - The Official Guide, offers a chapter on building an interactive website which is a good place to start.

And of course, the members here are always available to provide support.