Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Two questions after having switched from X to X2

Hi,

I'm beginning to think that it was a completely foolish idea to use this great Black Friday offer and buy X2... I'm a webmaster and it seems too annoying to be true... here are two crucial things for me:

1. When cropping an image.. why the heck can't I resize the crop area with the edges (by dragging and dropping in ANY place) and I have to use the small boxes (there are four of them on each side of the rectangle)? Have they (WHY?) changed the crop feature?

2. When crop is on and I'm trying to resize by sliding with the scroll button in my mouse - I get strange flickering.. WTF? There seems to be a patch for that but I downloaded any update which was available (I have v. 12.50) and it's still there.

You can't be serious.. have they raped this wonderful JASC tool so badly?
    I've been using PSP since version 3... and I started to cry when I saw X2 : (
    Photo editing? No way... : (
    IP

Default Re: Two questions after having switched from X to X2

You probably have a crop size selected such as 6 x 4 .
    Set it to free form and You can use any handle and drag in any way.
    There are some changes because of the Rotation crop feature. Is the flickering the changing in size of your image ?
    IP

No, I have "free form".. and I didn't mean any possibility of resizing... I meant I want to be able to resize the crop rectangle by grabbing any part of the edge, and only the freaking small rectangles (there is one on each side) - this sucks, because if you are working on details and want to crop something while magnifying - you have to get to the middle of the rectangle to resize the area...

I don't understand your question...
    IP

Ah I see what you mean You want to just grab any part of the line Not the handles. I had forgotten about that as its second nature to me now having used X2 for some 2 years. By the way If you have not found it yet the Resize dialogue no longer remembers the last settings. Now That still gets my goat
    IP

You know what, I found PSP XI on ebay and already bought it... so I'll either get my money back from Corel for X2 or leave it for photo enhancement.. pity X2 lost some nice minor tricks which had always made it a truly great tool to use for web gfx...
    IP

I would like to officially thank Corel for fast and professional support as part of their response to my money back claim. Money is on my account, PSP X2 completely deleted from my files, I'm waiting for a shipment of PSP XI (from an online auction, full BOX version at a nice price). Well done.

Hope PSP X3 will be better : )
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Sponsi View Post
    Hope PSP X3 will be better : )
    Unless another company buys PSP from Corel, I doubt there will be a PSP X3. Unfortunately, these days Corel seems to be a marketing company, buying software from other firms and repackaging it, rather than a software developer.

On my machine, PSP X2 runs better under Windows 7 64-bit than it did under Windows Vista 32-bit, but I continue to rely more on PhotoLine and PhotoShop Elements for some photo editing jobs.

Xara Designer Pro X10; PaintShop Pro X7; Perfect Photo Suite 8; DxO Optics Pro 9.5; Olympus OM-5 E-M5; Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit; 3.40 gigahertz Intel Core i7-3770; 16 GB RAM; AMD Radeon HD 7770.
    IP