Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Where did my pdf's go?

OK- pure rookie here. Because of your help earlier, I have a prettty nice web page:

www.mheinc.com

However, now I need to update the web page and I will be adding new floor plans and omitting some floor plans.

When I go into my index_htm_files folder to delete the old pdf files I don't need any longer, I cannot see my floor plan pdf files. I can see a few of them but I have well over 50 different pdf files I link to, but where do they go?

Is there a proper way to delete old linked pdf files?

I searched for this subject and couldn't find a thing, sorry if this has been asked before.

Thank you,
    mcspade

Default Re: Where did my pdf's go?

OK- Let me try and clarify. On my web page are about 100 or so links to pdf files that will open in a new window when clicked.

It is time to update my page and that means some of these pdf files will no longer need to be linked to. So I want to remove the obsolete pdf file from the index_htm_files folder. When I go into this folder to remove the obsolete pdf files, I cannot find them. The web page works just fine, I'm just unable to locate the files so I can remove them.

Did XWD turn them into a ping file or something???

Thanks!
    mcspade

OK- This is a guess,

When I publish my web site does the index_htm_files folder upload the pdf files without keeping a copy?

I normally don't reply to my own posts but I either asked a real hard question or a real stupid one. Could someone tell me which?

Thank you,
    mcspade

When I go into my index_htm_files folder to delete the old pdf files I don't need any longer, I cannot see my floor plan pdf files. I can see a few of them but I have well over 50 different pdf files I link to, but where do they go?

Is there a proper way to delete old linked pdf files?
    You have to delete them from the server (your hosted web space), not from your local folder.

Use and FTP program like FileZilla or the FileManager included with CPANEL if your hosted account includes this.
    Go to your /index_htm_files/ folder and remove the *.pdf files you no longer require (eg; /index_htm_files/2456Abro.pdf)

Remember to remove the relevant buttons from your floor plan pages.

Sledger-

Thanks so much for replying to my "call for help". I was coming close but I never did answer my own question.

When I used frontpage to originally make this site I ended up with a mess because I didn't properly remove pages, links, attachments, etc.... So now I want to properly maintain this site since it's all bright shiney and new.

I use filezilla to publish my web page, now I'll use it to remove the old files as well. I didn't know i need to manually remove them. (frontpage used to do it for me)

Thanks again, this forum has never dissappointed.

mcspade