Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I use MenuMaker for the navigation bar on my site (1200 pages). In the HTML codes I see <script menumaker src=fapnav.js>.... then fapnav.js2 etc... and so and so for each of my buttons in the navigation bar... (fapnav is the name of the bar, you will have understood. So, there is no problem with the bar, but I will give you the address of my site in case you want to have a look at the bar on top of one page:

http://www.fapel.org/frsepti54.htm

The question is this: can Google or other search engine follow through with their spider when they visit my site.... there is no link when you use MenuMaker... only .js......is that sufficient for the spiders to follow through and register each of my pages?

The links in the bar look fine to me.

Google seems to like it also:

http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...%3Afapel%2Eorg

You have 946 pages indexed in Google (so far).

Did you implement the bar recently?

Thanks for your answer... so it looks like XARA MenuMaker navigation bars do not scare Google......I have had these bars for 6 months approximately... before I had individual buttons....I am from Montreal, too... and while I am writing to you I have a squirrel in my window.

In case you don't get Googled, one good trick is a Site Map page with a simple html link from the index page and simple links to every page you want to be found - makes it easy for spiders.

If you are using a database to manage the site, publishing this page can be automated - one button for you to refresh it.
    Simon
    ------------------------------
    www.tlaconsultancy.co.uk
    www.bricksandbrass.co.uk