Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

sorry the link diddnt show up .. oops . this is it, can anyone tell me how to get this effect? i'm referrring to the woman in the image.

http://www.nzskateboarding.com/forum...ee.php?id=1393

its just art, bro
    IP

It looks like the posterize effect on a picture with the curves and levels adjusted to emphasize the values before posterizing and colorizing.

It does not to do dwell on Dreams and forget to Live...
    IP

Hi Nobrush. I wonder where you stay as in this months Pactical Internet "WebDesigner" they have a largw tutorial on the said subject.

It is a lot more than just Posterization there is blurring, inversion, pastel, finding edges, mapping a gradient and hue and saturation. Have said all that it looks quite straight forward to do.

The publicatiom that I receive is from the UK but I know when I go on holiday I see the same mags published in the country that I am visiting.
    Design is thinking made visual.
    IP

Sorry, Albacore, I disagree.
    You can work yourself to death on any image, but quite often you can achieve a LOT with very few steps. But tech magazines don't sell well if they make it too easy...

Here is a simple approximation of the effect done in 7 steps with Photoshop, although the artist names the work "vectored", but the steps are easily accomplished with judicious usage of the Lasso or MagicWand Tools, and painted on separate layers.

http://www.jadersworld.com/vector/index3.html

It does not to do dwell on Dreams and forget to Live...
    IP