Hey Wayne, Jens...

Wayne i think your project is evolving quite nicely. I like the perspective you've chosen, and the overall 'look & feel' of the image.

Don't necessarily blame your machine for the long render time either Wayne. I know from experience that Bryce just simply sucks in that arena. I'd suggest checking your Render prefs for your current project. You may (or may not) be able to cut a few corners there with the final renderings.

I've generally noted that using any "super anti-aliasing' or 'volumetrics' can increase render times 10-fold easily. A moderatly complex scene (using volumetrics) rendered in C4D, that took 27 minutes to render, took 2hrs:47mins to render using Bryce. That's just sad... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

But... i guess when all is said and done, you gotta use what you have at your disposal huh? Thankfully though, overnight rendering is always an option, and usually the way to go with large projects.

PS: if you flattened out the tones a little, it would make a nice illustration, instead of a strictly 3D image.

Keep at it Wayne! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]