Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Publishing

Default Publishing

I added a new page under links called "Are Court Reporters a Thing of the Past? I tried publishing several times but my new link (above) does not publish.

Can you please tell me what I am doing wrong and why this is not publishng?

Thank you,
    Sheila
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: Publishing

You have not linked it to a page
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	notlinked.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	70.3 KB 
ID:	67008  

Drwyd:

I linked Are Court Reporters a Thing of the Past to a web address, is there something else I should do?
    Thanks,
    Sheila

As long as the link points to an existing page then that should do it.

Drwyd:

How do I publish my website with the new category under LINKS? Are Court Reporters a thing of the Past, I'm still having difficulties - I have exported and previewed the site and everything works but the new link is still not working when I publish. I am back to square one. Can someone assist me?

Thanks,
    Sheila

Hi Sheila

It looks like (according to your attachment) that you forgot to "update repeating objects", this will upset your formatting on later pages but will restore the missing menu item..

You have buttons overlaying other buttons on your menu. I assume you were trying to create rollover effects for the links submenu. This can get very complicated. Some very good tutorials can be found on this forum on how to go about it, if I remember correctly Cursor's was very informative.

A quick fix is to attach the url to the "Court Reporters A Thing of Past?" soft group but if I were you I would delete the unused buttons.

Drwyd:

What is the procedure to add a new button before the LINK button. Maybe it would be easier if I just added a button. I tried to do a copy and a paste from the website on Are Court Reporters a think of the past but the system would not allow me so I did a link to the page. Any suggestions?

I may have other buttons to add to the site so any helpful suggestions would be great.
    Thanks,
    Sheila

Due to the varying sizes of the buttons I would move the existing menu off to the paste board and start afresh with a new menu from the design gallery. All you will have to do then is copy across the text and urls to the new menu and delete the unwanted buttons. This will save a lot of problems with alignment on the new menu and duplicate overlapping buttons on the old menu.

Don't forget to update the repeating objects.

Example attached
    Attached Files Attached Files