Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: PDF Links not working correctly (Help Needed Please)

Ah, you appear still to be using the trial DL version Shelley?
    There have been some patches to the CD version of Xtreme4 since the release in April which addresses many bugs including links in exported PDF documents.

Thanks for that. It works a treat with one exception. Because I tell it that the hyperlink is the rectangle, then it takes the entire column as being the hyperlink so I can't have more than one hyperlink per column. Easy to overcome by using the transparent rectangle option that you spoke about earlier. But is this something that I should mention to support?

I really do appreciate you helping me. Have a terrific day.

Thanks
    Shelley

Quote Originally Posted by breakthru View Post
    Because I tell it that the hyperlink is the rectangle, then it takes the entire column as being the hyperlink so I can't have more than one hyperlink per column. Easy to overcome by using the transparent rectangle option that you spoke about earlier. But is this something that I should mention to support?
    An alternative to the transparent rectangle (without line) is a nested text area.
    The link is applied to the nested text only and will not cause the entire text area to be included in the rectangle.
    The nested text can be another text 'area' or a line of text as shown in attachments.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nested text link.png 
Views:	242 
Size:	10.9 KB 
ID:	51423  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Smile Re: PDF Links not working correctly (Help Needed Please)

Thanks Steve - you're a legend!

Anybody know how to get linked text to work in Adobe InDesign?

I created a catalog for a publisher client of mine several years ago in an early version of InDesign. Now recreating the document in InDesign CS4 I cannot for the life of me to get the @#!&%$*$#$!!!! hyperlinks to work when I export to PDF.

What I am going to have to do, is to use Xtreme as a filter to add the hyperlinks to the InDesign created 50 page PDF document.

What a bother.

I've never had a problem with links exporting before but today I was doing something for my daughter (fortunately it wasn't a work project, they've always worked properly) and I'm lifting some stuff from Wikipedia. I noticed that the links in the pdf file didn't work so I did a search on TalkGraphics and found this post. I checked and the Advanced Options/objects/include hyperlinks box is checked. I then discovered that while the links in the original document are all correct, when I pasted them into Xara the link addresses changed. The new addresses didn't export so it didn't make much difference if they are right or wrong, but they're all screwed up (they now point to Iggy Pop!). At first, I pasted everything into Word (which I still find easier for text handling) and then to Xara. The links were correct in Word but not in Xara. Then I pasted from Wikipedia directly to Xara and came up with the same thing. There are scores of links and given that this isn't work I'm not interested in manually correcting them all, so I'm just going to let it go, but there must be some problem somewhere. If there is some quick fix it would be nice to be able to send the correct links.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Charles,
    Pasting rich text with links from a browser won't retain links in Xtreme because Xtreme is not a HTML editor.
    There is no HTML until you export the page.