Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default One object - Multiple Outlines

After intersecting a specific part out of a picture I enlarged it. Now I want to change the outlines of this part, however, one side has to be different from the others.

See attachement for picture.

Now I want the straight lines of purple object (bottom and left side) to be thin, whereas the curved side has to be thicker. How to do this??
    Attached Images Attached Images
    IP

Default Re: One object - Multiple Outlines

After intersecting the ellipse, I went to the Arrange Menu and "Convert Outline to Object" (Ctrl + Shift + Q) then, using the Shape Tool (F10) adjusted the 2 inner nodes of the vertical line (top and bottom) to produce in this case, a thicker line, although a thinner line is possible too. Note that the line is now an independent shape from the fill.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	outline.png 
Views:	128 
Size:	12.2 KB 
ID:	66907  
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.
    IP

Default Re: One object - Multiple Outlines

thanks for your suggestion, iamtheblues,

However, I find it not a very convenient way to modify the outline (especially not when I want to change the curved line). In addition, it does not allow me to change the color of different parts of the outline (or even apply the artistic media tool to it) independently.

Actually, I hoped to find a way to break apart the different parts of the outline (btween the nodes), allowing me to convert and modify each part independently..
    IP