Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question webpage tools, additional resources?

Hi,
    Still feeling my way with Web Designer & Extreme, and hope this may be the right place to ask these questions? I am wondering if either Web Designer or Extreme have any 'tools' included in those programs, such as (in particular), current date/time to display on the webpage, or hit counters, and no doubt many other types of extras that could be used at different times? Or are such tools/resources available for purchase from Xara, or do I have to look elsewhere for those things on the web to include in my website? If I need to add Javascript or modify HTML (and is it simple to view the HTML source code in Xara?). (I used to use FrontPage several years ago and knew a lot more about that program and how change HTML but very rusty now!)
    Cheers,
    Roger
    18 Oct 09

Default Re: webpage tools, additional resources?

Hello Roger

Things like hot counters can be added using a placeholder. You need to find a source code on the web, just Google "hit counters" and you should find lots to choose from, and then paste the generated code into a placeholder.

Refer to the Help file for Placeholders.

Default Re: webpage tools, additional resources?

Quote Originally Posted by rikkoshea View Post
    (and is it simple to view the HTML source code in Xara?). (I used to use FrontPage several years ago and knew a lot more about that program and how change HTML but very rusty now!)9
    Web Designer or Xtreme are not HTML editors therefore have no HTML source to view or edit during page design.
    They create a WYSIWYG HTML version of your design when you export (or publish) via a special filter.

Any post export editing of the HTML produced by this filter will be erased the next time you update then export your page design.

Lightbulb Re: webpage tools, additional resources?

Thanks Gary, my counter looks good! I will try some other resources as I go along.
    Thanks also Sledger for clarifying the HTML query,
    Roger
    19 Oct 09