Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Why does the Navigation Bar program only like files in the root directory? If a site has a subdirectory the Navigation Bars will not find that page. (example: www.website.com/subdirectory/page.html) It will only respond to (example: www.website.com/page.html.
    I have checked all the code, changed it and to no avail. I have had this problem since November of last year. On one of my sites I moved all the subdirectory web pages to the root directory which worked fine but lost valuable links to my site which destroyed all my marketing efforts. On a new site it does not matter but on a site that has been on the internet for 4 years, others that are linking to your subdirectory pages will loose the link, it is lost business. I found out the hard way. I have another web site that I want to use the Navigation Bars on but do not dare change my subdirectorys for fear of loosing my links standing.

I am at a loss on this one. Any suggestions.

Thanks Duane

duane

There arent any problems with saving the files to a a different directory than the web page directory. During the save process select the graphics folder button in order to set the location where the graphics and js files should be saved to and this will ensure the script elements inserted into your web page are referencing the correct location of the files

I did what you said and it does not work. Have been working hours on this. I think I will use another way with a different product.

Thanks Duane

duane

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bb2:
    There arent any problems with saving the files to a a different directory than the web page directory. During the save process select the graphics folder button in order to set the location where the graphics and js files should be saved to and this will ensure the script elements inserted into your web page are referencing the correct location of the files<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    I'm having the same sort of problem. I created the project, saved it and realized the navbar images had to be in the same directory as the regular files. Now I would like to move them to an image directory. But I don't see a button labeled graphics folder as mentioned above. Can you explain where this button is? Is it possible to change the location once the project has been saved? As an alternative method, is it possible to just edit the index_hnavbar.js file. Right now when it references an image file, it has, for example, "index_hnavbar_b1",".gif". Couldn't I just insert into it making it "images/index_hnavbar_b1",".gif" to change the location?

Hi Jack. Are you accessing the program via DW extension / FP add-in or directly?

open webstyle and click on projects. Select the project folder that contains the template upon which your navbar is based and select the template.

Make any modification as needed and then click on save. Set the project folder in which the edited template should be saved, set the graphic export options and then click on Save Graphic.

The save dialog is split into 2 sections. (view my post at the bottom of the thread below for a screen shot)

http://talkgraphics.infopop.net/1/Op...6&m=6821908596

The left side of the screen allows you to set a Name for the navbar and the folder where the web pages in which the navbar is to be inserted is saved. The xaramenu.js file will also be exported to this location

The right side allows you to set the location of where the graphic files are exported to. Click on the Graphics Folder button and set the location where you wish the files to be exported to.

Click on Save to complete the process and then reference the navbar within your web page

If you save your web page in a folder named 'webpages' and set the graphics folder to be a sub folder of 'webpages' named 'images' then the script elements in your web page will read

<script src="images/navbar.js"></script> as navbar.js has been saved in the images folder

If the navbar contains sub menus then you would insert

<script src="xaramenu.js"></script><script src="images/navbar.js"></script> into your web page.

A project folder contains any edited template. Its the equivalent of doing a save as. you began with a template named X which you then edited and saved as Y. From Y you exported the graphics and JS files. These files are used within your web pages to allow the navbar to be displayed.

Thanks

Thanks for the reply. I'm using WebStyle4 with FP but for this problem I am just starting WS by itself and saving the project. I am not seeing what you show. Here's what I am doing. I open an existing project and click save. I click on the new project button and rename (so I don't overwrite my current one just in case). I click on Save Web Page and a normal Save dialog opens asking where to save the files. There is no Graphics Section as shown in the image you referenced. If I continue at this point, all of the files are written to the same location. Is there an option I am supposed to set somewhere?

When you said "Select the project folder that contains the template upon which your navbar is based and select the template," I don't know what this means. When I saved the project, I named the file index.htm. Isn't this the template? When I say above that I am opening a project, I am opening the whole web page. Is this incorrect?