Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Colour Lines - Match Colours

Whilst building up a new drawing, I imported many Xar's, and every time it asked "Match Colours" in this instance, I didn't want too, but since it asked me every time, I said don't ask me again ....... Stupid move!!!

Now in another drawing, I am again importing many xar's but DO want to match colours. I have now got a single drawing with multiple identical colours in the bar.

How do I get it to ask "Match Colours?" again ....

Thanks.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Andover, Massachusetts, USA, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

Default Re: Colour Lines - Match Colours

I don't get that message when I import and have never seen it.

Didn't see anything in help, either.
    -h
    ===============
    (a.k.a.) Bobby Harris

In help it's under Importing named colors and says that 'don't ask me again' only applies to that session so it should work again after closing and re-opening XXP. However, it has disappeared from mine too, re-loaded or not! Importing my custom symbols (without any named colours) from Design brings it up sometimes but at the moment it doesn't and I'm getting an extra line of black shades!
    Last edited by zaphodeist; 06 October 2009 at 05:36 PM. Reason: spilling mistook and extra info
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Bobby, it's only an issue with named colors, but my standard template has hundreds of named colours ....
    Keith
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Well, I seem to have the same problem as John. Sometimes it works other times it doesn't.

I did some more experimenting - If I tell it to match colours it warns me of duplicate colours ... and then the fun begins (Some of you have seen and use my named colour palette) it give me a duplicate colour warning for every single named colour in the palette. Each on on a separate warning that has to be okayed. With the 300 ish named colours in the palette that is a real PIA.

What am I missing here ... I either seem to have multiple instances of the same colours in the colour bar, OR 300+ warnings OR sometimes both, but peculiarly enough never none. It's beginning to get annoying. Can this be turned off .... Please.
    Keith