Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Default Re: [tweaks] The tweaks set for XWD 5.0.1

Use javascript:my_close('mypopup1') to close any layer.
    John.

Iīve tried that. In fact Iīve tried all possible combinations in case I was just being daft
    So the popup layerīs name is īnews visualsī and the button that should close it should have javascript:my_close('news visuals') in the URL field. Does that work for you with the page I uploaded? It doesnīt do anything here, in fact thatīs the only place I can click and the popup stays put. Clicking anywhere else (except the drag area) closes the popup. So exactly the opposite Iīm trying to do.

Any ideas why it does that?
    Thanks

edit: I also tried with naming the object that needs to be closed and using that name in the javascript line, but that doesnīt work for me either. Could you please edit the file so I can see what exactly I need to do?
    Last edited by Zsolt; 24 September 2009 at 08:52 AM.

Try a name without a space?

Ok, that does work, thanks for the advice.
    But itīs still not working the way I want it to work. If I donīt click on any other button, I can click anywhere on the screen, drag it around and just close it with the X button. However, if I open another popup, it closes. So I thought, maybe itīs because Iīm not using javascript to open the popup layer. If I try to do that, the layer is just there when the page opens. I guess itīs because the popup layer on which the link is, is not visible when the site loads?
    Iīd really like to get this working, but Iīm starting to believe it just isnīt possible :s

Somehow you have messed up the popup locking script. The one in the locking popups tweak placeholder.
    The working file attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    John.

Hi,

I replaced the script with another version you posted here directly in the thread. It would make all the normal popups act like before, and the locked popups could be controlled by javascript.
    The file you attached is still not working exactly as it should. All the popups (under the main menu) stay locked once theyīre opened and thereīs no way to close them. The locked window is working fine though.

Ah-ha. Now I see why you have messed the lockong script. Were you using this advice: http://talkgraphics.com/showpost.php...1&postcount=57 ?
    But you did it incorrectly, instead of using script on the opening button you used on-click popup.
    See the attached. Does it work the way you want?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    John.

Thatīs just what I wanted to achieve. Thanks veeeery veeeery much. No more headaches about this.

Are there tweaks available for Xara Xtreme Pro 5.1.0.9131 ?

Yes. This tweakset is fully compatible with Xtreme5.1.
    John.